The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the positions below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan
Job Position: Mobile Technology Officer
Ref. IITA-HRNRS2016- 018A
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Review data management plans of proposals (or existing projects);
- Participate in data management planning workshops of projects;
- Advice for projects on the choice and use of mobile technology;
- Prepare devices with software (if not done by ICT)
- Design standard workflows for mobile collected data;
- Coordinate training of staff about ODK and designing questionnaires;
- Convert questionnaires into xlsforms and further into xml for upload in the android devices;
- Frequently update on new developments in the market;
- Integrate new developments/software modules into the workflows and overlooking the ODK server;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc/HND in Computer Science and any other related field with minimum of 2-3 years of experience performing similar role in a structured organization
- Proven expertise in database design/data modeling
- Experience in administering an ODK aggregate server
- Strong analytical skills
- Project data management experience
- Ability to communicate with different stakeholders and to explain technicalities in their language for easy understanding and rising enthusiasm for new opportunities
- Scientific or development working background is an asset
- Innovative, curious, visionary, flexible, solution oriented personality
- Team player: willingness to share all relevant information with colleagues and users pro-actively at the right time; to show flexibility, respect, friendliness and openness in cooperation; to show ability to compromise
REMUNERATION: We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication.
The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates