The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the positions below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan
Job Position: Junior Technical Analyst
Ref. IITA-HRNRS2016- 018B
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Care for the business connectivity of databases and SharePoint;
- Assist the Senior technical analyst with programming work in MySQL and MS SQL;
- Assist in analyzing business processes together with the data manager, project manager and any other relevant person in information management;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc/HND in Computer Science, Mathematics and any other related field with minimum of 2-3 years of experience performing similar role in a structured organization
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good experience with administering an institutional SQL database (MySQL, MS SQL)
- Strong skills in database/SQL programming, both MySQL and MS SQL
- high analytical skills
- Strong in analyzing data structures and bug fixing
- advanced programming skills in Java and ASP.NET
- Expertise in linking and patching MySQL databases with SharePoint
- experience with SharePoint is an asset
- Ability to communicate with end-users and to assess/improve the usability of an interface.
- Team player: willing to share information with colleagues and users, flexible, respectful and friendly and open in cooperation, ready to seek compromise solutions.
REMUNERATION: We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication.
The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates