International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Assistant/Driver
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in driving project vehicle to convey authorized personnel;
- Assist with day to day maintenance of ACAI Project vehicle;
- Assist in general field work;
- Assist in collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items to project collaborators;
- Assist in ensuring project vehicle complies with the minimum operating security standards (MOSS) as well as up to date vehicle documents all the time;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- National Diploma/National
- Certificate in Education in General Agriculture or related field with 2 years’ experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good Communication skill;
- Ability to speak more than one Nigeria language.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more information
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Application Deadline 19th August, 2016.