International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
IITA seeks application from suitable qualified Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Job Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2016-024A
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Oversee the entire financial operations of the project office and ensure timely and accurate delivery of financial reports.
- Enter financial information and maintain all financial records for project by learning the applicable systems in RTB-CIP and IITA.
- Support project coordinator with timely advice and recommendations to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of each fiscal year.
- Coordinate with the Grants and Contracts (G&C) team to help manage contracts, agreements, and project statutory annual audits.
- Liaise with all project partners to obtain required information in time, check for completeness, accuracy and allowability of the expenses before finalising the accounts in close working relationship with IITA finance team,
- Manage compliance to project budget allocations and timely file reports on fund advances and utilization.
- Provide all administrative and logistical support to the project team
- Procure as needed and manage inventory of assets of the project
- Make travel arrangements for the project team and any other project partners / visitors in the country
- Make arrangements for meetings, trainings and workshops for the project team.
- Maintain the office filing system (manual and electronic) including backup, archiving and storage
- HND/B.Sc in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent with an MBA or equivalent.
- Professional certification such as ACCA, ICAN is essential.
- At least seven (7) years of relevant work experience in an International Organization.
- CGIAR accounting system experience is essential.
Ideal Candidate must have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Methodical, organized and results-oriented;
- Strong computer skills in financial management software;
- Good people skills, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial skills with a can do attitude.
- Good knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures of government and related agencies; ability to work independently and to take initiative when sorting out problem issues;
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Application Deadline 31st May, 2016.