International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), a reputable international NGO that supports the building of electoral democracies with support from USAID, seeks a qualified applicant to fill the vacant position below in its Abuja office:
Job Title: Finance and Accounting Manager
Reporting to: The Deputy Chief of Party
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, mentor and direct other accounting staff
- Pay ad hoc and recurrent expenditures
- Review travel expense reports and other payment requests for approval;
- Maintain and update accrual information (vacation, severance, etc);
- Maintain tax records and make timely payments;
- Sub-grants financial management:
- Evaluating sub-grant proposals and budgets
- Reviewing sub-grants financial report to ensure compliance with terms of sub-grant and liaising with sub-grantee(s) where and when necessary;
- Assist in providing training as needed to sub-grantee on IFES sub-grants and USAID financial regulations;
- Periodic bank/accounts reconciliation
- Maintain cash in safe account;
- Initiate payment instructions
- Assist in EMB training on financial management
- Manage banking transactions;
- Prepare bi-monthly financial reports;
- Assist programs in preparing budgets and also contribute in preparing reprogram/cost or no cost extension budgets;
- Provide information for preparing monthly field office wire request and budget;
- Enter transactions in financial system;
- Segregate expenses by related protect;
- Provide finance guidance to program and administrative staff.
- Track advance payment to ensure clearing of all advances;
- Perform other responsibilities assigned by supervisor and/or Chief of Party
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Financial Management or any related field
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in the financial management and/or accounting field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in managerial role.
- In depth knowledge and experience with USAID and other donor financial management, reporting requirements, sub-grants procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and accounting software especially QuickBooks is required Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated financial management and accounting skill
- Proven ability to mentor, motivate, work as part of a team and being able to meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application to: [email protected]
- Highest consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate strong and proven track record with democracy and governance work.
- Only applications received by email will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 10th February, 2016.