The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor committed to promoting projects in its developing member countries that are economically beneficial, financially and commercially sound, and environmentally and socially sustainable. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses in the developing world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Officer – Oil, Gas and Power
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Duties and Accountabilities
- The selected candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on identifying investment opportunities, executing transactions and actively managing portfolio projects. In this role, your objective will be to maximize the impact of IFC’s intervention and contribute to the development of our countries of operation by executing innovative, developmental, and profitable investments for IFC.
- Assist in the formulation, monitoring and updating of IFC’s gas-to-power engagement in Nigeria working with IFC’s regional industry and regional departments and in close coordination with the extractive industry groups at the World Bank;
- Work with industry specialists to assess the technical and commercial merits of gas projects to supply the domestic power market, as well as the quality of potential investee management and technical teams, to assist in the early stage screening and detailed due diligence of investment proposals;
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases and equity sales, as necessary, recommending suitable structures for a range of complex transactions;
- Participate in all aspects of IFC’s project processing cycle from project development to disbursement;
- Prepare project-related documents for internal and external audiences;
- Coordinate closely with environmental and social colleagues to ensure the maintenance of high environmental and social standards in IFC’s investment;
- Participate in investment negotiations and supervise investments in portfolio companies;
- Collaborate efficiently with a range of industry and regional IFC colleagues.
- Develop and execute a business development strategy and deploy client relationship skills with potential gas suppliers to the power sector, focusing on Nigerian entrepreneurs in the infrastructure and natural resources space;
- Analyze operational and financial performance of potential client companies to identify opportunities, address risks and recommend investment options;
- MBA or equivalent Degree;
- 6 – 8 years of experience in finance with a proven track record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments;
- Strong financial, credit and equity skills; demonstrated ability to creatively structure a variety of complex debt and equity instruments;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards;
- Commitment to the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values;
- Excellent communication skills in English required, other language skill an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of the gas-to-power sector in Nigeria;
- Strong business development and client relationship skills, and ability to work with local clients effectively;
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials;
- Sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners and investment opportunities;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Please be aware that only selected candidates will be contacted