The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor committed to promoting projects in its developing member countries that are economically beneficial, financially and commercially sound, and environmentally and socially sustainable. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses in the developing world.
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Analyst
Job #: 160195
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Stream: Investment
Background / General Description
Scope of Work:
- The Investment Analysts will work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for business development, project design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects in the manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors in Sub Saharan Africa.
- The Investment Analysts will help identify new projects, assist Investment Officers in executing deals and supervise a portfolio of loan, quasi-equity and equity investments.
Duties and Accountabilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create financial models
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes
- Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities
- Participate in investment negotiations
- Participate in monitoring of investments in portfolio companies.
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements
- Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts
- Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements and project progress reports and other information submitted by clients
- Bachelor’s or equivalent Degree with specialization in Finance
- Experience in a financial institution (2+ years) with a proven track record
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience of having worked on investments related to the manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is essential and in French is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Applications should be sent in English. All applications must be submitted through the above link. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Cover letter should clearly describe the relevant results the candidate has delivered in prior positions, rather than simply listing responsibilities.
- All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- The contract for this position has an initial duration of 2 years (renewable), with a one-year probation period and subject to be renewed. The appointees will be stationed in Lagos Nigeria, Johannesburg, South Africa or Nairobi, Kenya.
- If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Application Deadline 8th February, 2016.