Mikado Nigeria Limited, the parent company of the Group has its origin in the 80’s, was conceived by the entrepreneurial activities of the founder “Michael Ojeme”. It was incorporated on the 3rd of November 1988, commenced business on the 1st of January 1989 and has embarked on a dynamic and diversified expansion programme since inception.
The Mikado Group has gone on to grow very successful business in sectors ranging from Electronic Security to Telecommunications, Traffic and Transportation Management, Events Management, VAS Development, fragrance and flavours distribution.
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Purpose of Position
- This position plays a key role in the review and development of policies, implementation of internal controls in Mikado Nigeria Limited.
Key Functions of the Position
- To plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual, audit plan, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs.
- Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor internal controls.
- Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and Develop best practices.
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented; follow up on audit action plan to ensure that all action items are resolved before the next annual audit.
- Provide management with periodic reports on compliance with Mikado Standards.
- Provide training to staffs on Internal Controls
- Conduct risk assessment of departments/functional areas in accordance with timelines.
- Conduct audit testing of potential risk areas and identify reportable issues
- To conduct any reviews or tasks requested by Management
- Actively participates in the development of Internal Control policies ensuring that they are relevant to Mikado Business environment.
- Develop and implement appropriate operating procedures to ensure compliance with Mikado Policies.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required
- Graduate degree in related field or equivalent.
- 3 years experience in accounting, finance, auditing or Business Management.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work interdependently within a team.
- 3 years experience in international accounting or Business Management preferred
- Experience in writing internal policies and procedures and process evaluation and documentation
- A demonstrated knowledge of finance, accounting and internal controls
Applicants should send their resume with the position as the subject of the mail to [email protected]