Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
The Transactional Products and Services division is the engine that works constantly within Standard Bank to evolve and extend our range of products and client services. Split across three specialised functions, our teams work with organisations ranging from corporate clients and pension fund administrators through to asset managers and individual global investors. Our Investor Services team now needs an experienced and highly capable Relationship Manager to optimise our range of solutions.
Internal Auditor – SIPML
To provide support to SIPML’s Internal Audit and Controls Department (“IACD)” management team, and responsible for:
– facilitating the smooth running of the day-to-day operations of the Internal Audit Unit
– providing reasonable assurance that the company policies and procedures is adhered to, and errors and irregularities are discovered and corrected promptly.
– Supporting the Departmental Head in realizing the department’s objectives in line with the company’s vision.
The job holder is expected to:
Implementation of audit plan
• Drive prompt resolution of audit issues raised
• Carry out risk assessment
• Implementation of feedback from Board Audit Committee and any other relevant Board Committee
• Management of external auditor activities.
• Drive compliance with Tax regulations
• Provide process improving recommendations
• Manage third party contractors including forensic accounting and auditing firms.
• Respond to company emergency situations that may require travels at short notice
• Year on year improvement in external survey rating reports
• Investigation of all reported incident
• Participate in various audit activities as required
• Provide timely and relevant business and client performance data and market intelligence for effective management decision making
• Weekly and monthly performance reports in relation to Audit assignment’s
– Collaborative working relationship with SIPML’s Company secretary
– Monitoring Board actions to ensure business needs are met in a timely manner
– Collaborative working relationship with SIPML’s Human Capital (“HC”) and Learning & Developments (“L&D”).
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here