Nsik Motors Limited, a dynamic and proactive transport auto-sales and leasing Company was incorporated under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the 27th of March, 2003.
The Company, the brain child of Mr. Nsikan Johnny, who started as a motorbike operator (okada), was determined to explore other aspects of the transport industry that will enhance the movement of goods and persons in large scale, create employment and take transport business to an enviable height.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Internal Auditor Job Opening at Nsik Motors Limited
Job Position: Internal Auditor
Location: Akwa Ibom
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Head, Internal Audit, provide internal auditing and operational support to implement an effective functional Internal Audit department processes for the Company in the key functional areas, including to develop plans and procedure for pre-audit and post audit in order to discourage and detect fraudulent activities in the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the Head, Internal Audit in the following areas:
- To ensure that employees are complying with regulations.
- Carrying out regular audits, conduct investigation, report to Management and recommend disciplinary action.
- Responsible for planning communication and training programs to help employees understand their roles in compliance
- Identifying areas of the business where there is a risk of non-compliance and develop policies to reduce that risk.
- Research and analyse financial statement and audit related issues as well as assist the Internal Process Audit Manager in the development of the audit work plan.
- Prepare and conduct work programs for assigned audits assignments and reviewing of policies.
- Document work done in the form of work papers in accordance with the Internal Audit policies and procedures.
- Work closely with other audit team members to complete each audit exercise until the assignment is completed and wrapped up.
- Draft audit reports for review and prepare final reports for distribution.
- Collect process related data and statistics from process owners, to determine effectiveness and quality of AKTC services and determine required changes in the processes and practices necessary to provide optimum service in the most cost-effective manner.
- Identify root of business process problems and assist in developing the business case for change, benchmarking and carrying out surveys relating to process operations and improvement.
- Review the performance of Internal Audit and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Oversee and coordinate all technical activities, the activities of Internal Auditor and ensure all transaction and administrative documentation is recorded and available for business use.
- Coach and train Internal Audit staff to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and increase product knowledge, as well as identify developmental opportunities for team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Accounting. Master’s degree and/ or MBA Professional qualification and ACA, ACCA, CPA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years Process Audit/Internal Audit Practice experience in a reputable organisation with strong internal controls and 2 years in a supervisory role
- Experience in.
- Must be Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must have a good interpersonal relationship and able to use internet and emails.
- Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with transportation/logistics company preferred.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
How to Apply
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- NML-AKTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. NML-AKTC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2015.