InterContinental Lagos is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travellers.
Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos’s port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor.
What is your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, baking or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our progressive & committed opening team at the InterContinental Lagos.
InterContinental Lagos is currently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Accountant Chief (701005)
Job Number: LAG000265
- To promote a professional and positive image to all of our guests and contribute to the hotels targets by assisting with the accurate processing of invoices and statements.
- Promote the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
- Key Relationships Financial Controller, Operations Manager, other accounts team members, liaise with key departments – all departments.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist in the timely billing of accounts.
- Maintain a filing system for account receivable records.
- Assist in balancing daily transfer to city ledger and post, edit and update to accounts receivable system.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with outside companies to ensure timely and accurate supply of goods and services.
- Check arithmetic accuracy and invoices.
- Assist in reconciling the weekly purchase log.
- Prepare cheque run for approval on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile supplier statements with established records and report any discrepancies.
- Assist in the reconciliation of accounts.
- Respond to and resolve account queries.
- Collate suppliers’ documentation for processing.
- Ensure all invoices have the appropriate documentation attached and approvals prior to processing. § Process all invoices and statements.
- Record and process payments of goods and services.
- Maintain a filing system for accounts payable records.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th February, 2016.