The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels. TB/HIV LGA/Facility Referral Coordinators are to coordinate TB prevention, treatment and documentation activities at the LGA level.
We are looking for the position below:
Job Title: TB/HIV LGA/Facility Referral Coordinator
Reports To: State IP Facility Focal Person
Position Locations: The Local Governments Areas are in six states and the FCT as follows:
- Akwa Ibom: Ikot Ekpene, Okobo, Oron, Uruan, Uyo
- Benue: Buruku, Gwer West, Katsina-Ala, Konshisha, Logo, Tarka, Ushongo
- Cross River: Calabar South, Calabar-Municipal
- FCT: Abuja Municipal and Bwari Area Councils
- Lagos: Agege, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Alimosho, Apapa, Ifako-Ijaye, Ikeja, Mushin, Surulere
- Nassarawa: Doma, Karu, Lafia, Nasarawa, Obi
- Rivers: Eleme, Obio/Akpor, Port-Harcourt
The TB/HIV LGA/Facility Referral Coordinator is to stay at the highest HIV burden site in a given LGA from where support is to be provided to other sites. S/he is to:
- Visit every HIV comprehensive facility at least once a month to supervise and mentor the facility-based TB/HIV referral coordinator and ensure that all TB/HIV records are up to date
- Visit every supported stand-alone DOTS facility at least once monthly to ensure that all TB patients are tested for HIV, properly documented and those testing positive are promptly referred to a comprehensive facility for enrollment into ART.
- Receive Xpert results through the Gx alert system in the state and keep track of all positive Xpert results from facilities within the assigned LGA
- Monitor IPT implementation (screening, referral completion, initiation and reporting) especially reporting IPT outcome within 12 months of treatment in collaboration with health facility staff and facility TB/HIV referral coordinator
- Hold monthly TB/HIV review meetings with the facility TB/HIV referral volunteers and Local Government Tuberculosis and Leprosy Supervisor (LGTBLS)
- Submit monthly report and data to the Implementing Partner Focal Person first week of every month.
- Conduct spot checks by reviewing recording and reporting (R&R) tools and HIV/TB registers at TB DOTS sites and comprehensive facilities to monitor referral completion
- Ensure the availability of all TB and TB/HIV recording and reporting tools at all TB/TB-HIV service delivery points.
- Facilitate sputum transport from supported facilities to proximal Xpert sites
- Keep an up to date LGA presumptive TB/HIV diagnostic evaluation treatment register to abstract information from the existing tools from facilities.
- Follow-up and document of TB treatment outcome for all TB/HIV co infected patients within a given LGA with real time documentation of diagnostic and treatment outcome in the provided study data tool.
- S/he should have a minimum of Community Health Officer (CHO) or Nursing requisite certification or its equivalent in any public health related field
- The Officer should have a minimum of 3 years working experience in public health field related to TB/HIV
- Fluency in oral and written English language, as well as computer literacy and ability to analyze data are expected.
- The Officer must be ready to reside in the LGA
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to: “Associate Director, Human Resources” through this email address:[email protected]
Application Deadline 28th October, 2015