The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels. The Institute’s mission is to be Center of Excellence in providing health service implementation, capacity building, and research, and ensuring equitable access to individuals and communities through innovative and evidence-based strategies.
The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: State Advisor, DR TB – Global Fund Programs
Locations: Jigawa, Yobe, Borno, Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe, Plateau, Nasarawa, FCT, Kaduna, Kebbi, Zamfara, Ebonyi, Anambra, Abia, lmo, Ogun, Ekiti, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Oyo, Kwara, Benue, Kogi
Immediate Supervisor: Associate Director, Global Fund Programs
- The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN)) is the Principal Recipient (PR) of the Global Fund New Funding Model (NFM) Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis (DR TB) grant for the public and private sectors.
- The DR TB grant would be implemented across the 36 plus 1 States of the federation, while IHVN would support community DR TB activities in 24 States and FCT.
- To strengthen the programmatic management of DR TB and improve the quality of care at the State and Community levels, IHVN seeks to engage the services of experienced local Consultants who shall provide technical support across the 24 States and FCT in the implementation of the GF NFM DR TB grant
The Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Providing technical assistance to the State and LGA DR TB teams to ensure effective implementation of DR TB activities in alignment with the National Guidelines and Grant requirements
- Support State programs in ensuring timely accurate and complete submission of programmatic reports every quarter in line with the Grant and national reporting requirements
- Provide technical support to the development of annual work plan
- Support state DR TB teams in capacity building of LGA DR TB teams
- Participation in and technical support for State DR TB team meetings
- Strengthen the capacity of the State in data use and operational research
- Ensure effective collaboration with relevant stakeholders in the State, LGA and community to promote visibility of Global Fund supported DR TB program.
- Promoting/facilitating advocacy to Federal institutions State government Local Government and private sector for resource mobilization and promote sustainability
- Collaborating with State DR TB teams to conduct regular supportive supervision and mentoring of LGA DR TB programs to ensure improvement in service quality
- Support State to implement innovative strategies in the diagnosis and prompt enrollment of DR TB cases according to National guideline
To be eligible for consideration, interested individuals must have the following qualifications:
- Medical Doctor with at least 15years post qualification experience with passion for improved quality of care for DR-TB patients
- Current or past experience working with Federal or State Governments is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft word, PowerPoint and excel is essential
- Ability to communicate in English and local language of the particular State is desirable
- MPH or any other post graduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of management of Drug Susceptible and Drug Resistant TB according to the national guidelines
- Strong program implementation experience and ability to carry out advocacy, work as a team and produce timely reports
Terms of Engagement
This will be a one year part-time contract with effect from May 2016, subject early renewal of contract agreement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume, genuine supporting documents, academic qualifications and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document saved with applicants name in the following format e.g. Musa Okafor Olufemi State Advisor, DR TB – Global Fund Programs explaining suitability to “Associate Director, Human Resources” through this email address: [email protected]
Note: Only applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 28th April, 2016.