Inland Containers Nigeria Limited is a fully indigenous organization incorporated in February, 1980 to provide Port Services to the hinterland shipping communities in the country.
The Company was born out of necessity and packaged as a veritable intervention facilitator to assist the rapid industrialization and development of the hinterland.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
- Raise receipts for funds collected from customers/vendors/staff etc, and ensure daily dissemination of receipt details electronically and hard copies weekly
- Ensure prompt lodgment of funds collected within 24hrs
- Act to ensure prompt and accurate recording of transaction
- Release refund cheques to customers (Agents and Consignees) or their representatives
- Interface with tax authorities in Kano/Kaduna and other related agencies
- Maintain asset register
- Liaise with the bank to track receipts and lodgments from consignees or other clients
- Maintain and update accounts receivable customer files and records with copies of invoices and evidence of lodgment
- Ensure to keep proper and safe record of receipt
- Receive and sign off debit notes after verification of its accuracy
- Follow up with customers to ensure prompt venue collection
- Prepare monthly report of collections vis a vis debit notes received
- Compute terminal rent payable and ensure full collection
- Assist the financial accountant with analysis and reconciliations to support statutory accounts audit process
- Liaise with Depot Manager to make requisition e.g consumables
- First degree/HND in Finance/Accounting or any related discipline
- Candidates with AAT Certificate would equally be considered
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the Finance/Treasury/Accounts function in a similar organization
- Fluent in Hausa Language
- Relevant professional certification e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: [email protected] with the position applied for as subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 3rd May, 2016.