A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
At MainOne, great ideas and thoughts find a way of becoming great products, services that turn to great customer experiences. We are perfectionists, idealists and pioneers of great products and services forever thinking of better.
We have corporate offices from Nigeria to Ghana to Portugal. International and home opportunities are available.
MainOne is a family. Join in and be a part of the change and the future that will bring about new ways the continent works and connects.
Job Title: Information Security Officer
The Information Security Officer will ensure that MainOne Information Security Management systems are up to date and fully operational, thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust. He will participate actively in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews in MainOne with particular focus on the MDXi.
The Information Security Officers responsibilities shall also include:
- Track the ISMS Calendar to ensure all activities are up to date with the requisite evidence as detailed by the ISMS Manager.
- Participate in all security compliance efforts (e.g., PCIDSS and ISO27001)
- Participate in IS incident handling and response procedure as may be assigned by the ISMS Manager or Security specialists.
- Provide backup support to the IP security specialists in tier 2 and tier 3 security operations to secure the MainOne network by enforcing policies, defining and monitoring access.
- You will be required to work closely with the Network Operations team, as well as the Technical Sales, and Service delivery teams.
- Ensure the effective reviews of all Information security alerts and notifications in line with IS Policy.
- Support the delivery of internal Information Security trainings and general Information security awareness.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 2 years’ experience in Information Security
- General Knowledge of network routing and security protocols and implementations: TCP/IP, SSL, IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN, and VLANs is required.
- Strong understanding of a process driven environment
- CCNA, CISA
- At least 1 years of systems, network and/or application security experience.
- Candidates working with: Cisco Routers & Switches, operating systems, (e.g. Windows and/or Linux), Network Administration, and TCP/IP will have an advantage
- Experience working with: Systems security, Network security, Firewalls, IDS / IPS, vulnerability assessments, incident response.
Demand on the job
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve systems problems and issues.
- Strong customer service experience and orientation required
- Availability to work extra hours in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries.
- Understand and manage the pressure of a 24×7 customer support environment
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.