The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million with an annual economic growth rate of 6%. The ECO WAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities (RECs) supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in West Africa.
11:00 am (GMT +1) Thursday 27th August, 2015.
Individual Consultant for the Development of a Project Design: ECOWAS Geo-Extractives Observatory & Carastre System
- As part of the mandated activities towards the realization of the main objective of ECOWAS, the Commission and highly-competent person(s) to assist the Directorate of Mining & Geo-extractives Development draft a Report/Implementation Strategy for an ECOWAS Geo-extractives Observatory & Cadastre System which aligns with borderless, peaceful, prosperous and cohesive region, built on good governance and where people have the capacity resources through the creation of opportunities for sustainable development and environmental preservation
- For this purpose, The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) seeks to engage the Services Development of a Project Design for ECOWAS Geo-extractives observatory & cadastre system (1st Benchmark Result – Completed Draft Technical Feasibility Report/Implementation Strategy).
- The general objective of the study is to assist the Community towards its mandate to develop a comprehensive,ECOWAS Geo-extractives (Mining & Hydrocarbons Sectors) Observatory & Cadastre System for the realization of the community’s vision.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant
Within the above context, the consultant will be required to do the following:
- Draft a comprehensive Technical Feasibility Report/Implementation Strategy for a GIS-based ECO WAS Geo-extractives Observatory &Cadastre System as described above and submit it through the Commissioner, Energy & Mines within a specified number of days
- Assist the Directorate of Mining as the Commission’s Resource Person(s) in the review and statutory validation process of this document (at intervals as required);
- Assist the Directorate of Mining as a Resource Person in the internal ECOWAS Commission Technical Retreats on this draft document.
The qualifications of the Consultant(s) should include, among others:
- Demonstrated academic competence from a related-field(s) within the geo-extractives sector.
- Demonstrated appreciation of the Community’s developmental policy-orientation for the geo-extractives sector.
- Demonstrated practical experience in multi-sector policy conceptualization and programme development within an international best practice context.
- Proven ability to write reports in clear and concise legal and technical context, communicate effectively, present concepts with limited slides, and meet operational deadlines.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent interpersonal skills and to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a multi-lingual and cultural environment of an international development organization.
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (Individual) to indicate their interests in providing these services:
- The interested Consultants must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services (Kindly attach detailed Curriculum Vitae that highlights the following:
- Curriculum and Certificates;
- Past Experiences of similar jobs over the past ten (10) years;
- Computer knowledge; knowledge of the area; language and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project).
Please note that if individual consultants are proposed by firms, only the experience and qualifications of the individuals shall be used in the selection process, their corporate experience shall not be taken into account, and the contract, If given, will be signed with the proposed individuals.
The selection will be done on the basis of a comparison of curricula vitae and the selected Consultant will be invited to produce Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiation for the conclusion of the Contract Agreement. (Method Based on the Qualification of Consultant). Please note that the selected consultant will be expected to submit all required reports in English or French.
11:00 am (GMT +1) Thursday 27th August, 2015.
Method of Application
Expression of Interest must be delivered in sealed envelope and clearly marked “Recruitment of the position” eg. “RECRUITMENT OF A CONSULTANT FOR THE FEASIBILITY STUDY ON PREPARATION OF ECOWAS MARITIME PORT MASTERPLAN”, Do not open except in the presence of the Tender Committee” to the address below:
The ECOWAS Tender Box
The Office of the Commissioner,
General Administration & Conference,
5th Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P. M. B. 401,
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to -Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm (GMT+1).
Directorate of General Administration,
Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P M. B. 401,
By E-mail to this address: [email protected]