Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc, Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government.
The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum down time period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Meter Installation Commissioner
Reporting To: QA/QC Supervisor
- Responsible for the installation & commissioning of AMI Meter Systems
- Direct supervision of AMI meter installation on site; ensure that basic meter installation standards are adhered to always.
- Ensure data accuracy by copying and recording data directly on site in the prescribed form/format.
- Timely feedback to the BU New Service Team (for set up of a successfully completed installation) and the QA/QC Team at the HQ (for materials utilization, observations and challenges on site).
- Keep proper records of stock and usage of materials (especially the meter seals).
- Ensure that meters are properly sealed after a thorough inspection of the wiring and connections inside the meter and in the Customers’ premises.
- Ensure that there are no wiring error(s) and wrong installations.
- Ensure that proper safety precautions are taken on site prior to commencement of installations.
- Ensure that the Customers’ load assessment is done prior to commencement of installations. This will prevent overloading or underutilizing the meters.
- Ensure that the meters are installed in such a position that they are not prone to tamper and by pass.
- Minimum O.N.D. Electrical Engineering with at least 3 years post-graduation experience.
- At least 2 years previous experience of Energy meter installation.
- Candidates should not be more than 35 years old.
- British City and guilds certificate (electrical technology), Trade test I, II and III certificate (electrical wiring) may be added advantage.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good understanding of basic safety precautionary steps in electrical wiring.
- Computer literacy; basic knowledge.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th November, 2015