Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc, Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government.
The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum down time period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development.
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Communications Manager
Reports To: Head Corporate Communication
Function: Corporate Communication
- To manage and oversee the company’s internal and external communication department, associated image and reputation, and work closely with selected communications/public relations agencies
- To increase Ikeja Electric’s visibility (all activities) and to position the Company as a trusted energy provider and opinion leader in the power industry.
- To build and manage strategic relationships in order to leverage business, advocate Ikeja Electric’s added values to deliver full services offer to customers, support the business in attaining its commercial and market share objectives, and contribute to the development of growth platforms and key strategic projects.
- Drive the implementation of the overall internal communications strategy/programme for the Company to support communication strategies
- Organize in-house events and develop in-house campaigns in agreement with Corporate Communications guidelines so as to further employees’ knowledge of the company strategic focus and projects.
- Optimize cross-functional support and effective communication within the organization.
- Ensure regular market research studies across the power industry are carried out and information disseminated to appropriate internal stakeholders within the company.
- Manage and update company website and all social media platforms.
- Manage the Ikeja Electric’s brand & Change ambassadors (work closely with the brand manager)
- Work with Sahara Group and Sahara Power Change Management & Internal Communications departments special projects.
- Instil the company’s core values in the employees and deepen the feeling of pride in belonging to the Group.
- Oversee the production of the company’s internal newsletter and develop local internal communications portals (Intranet etc.) as well as facilitate local in-house events (project launches, roadshows, townhall meetings etc.)
- Work together with the head of communications and other team members to communicate messages internally, as required.
- Create and manage a social profile for Ikeja Electric on all platforms- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Write editorial content, create and upload videos onto web pages
- Enhance social media outlets and opportunities to maintain communication and build fan base.
- Monitor the main activities of competitors on social media.
- Design a social media strategy that’s in line with the brand identity, the company’s audience, and goals.
- Plan and implement social media strategy and campaigns.
- Ensure that key messages relating to the company and its products are duly delivered (Brand PR, press releases, etc.).
- Develop new and improve on existing employee publications and newsletters and recommend editorial policies and guidelines
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with media personnel and houses within and outside Nigeria to ensure the image of the Company is well projected and protected positively at public engagements and forums.
- Coordinate the preparation and placement of advertorials, articles, etc. in various print media, organize press conferences, and manage meetings/conference presentations for the company, etc.
- Ensure consistency in all communication (dissemination of messages)
- Conduct regular assessments of the situation concerning external communication, the media and media’s expectations etc.
- Ensure the availability of communication tools that are tailored to the various target audiences (journalists, energy thought leaders, general public). Examples: external publication, campaigns etc.
- Ensure that key messages relating to the company are duly delivered (Brand PR, press releases, etc.)
Qualifications & Years of Experience:
- Relevant University Degree or its equivalent.
- Relevant Post Graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role with at least 8 years in a senior management role.
- Knowledge and good understanding of effective Communications practice.
- Broad knowledge and experience in the power sector will be an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong knowledge of the communication industry
- Effective presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive approach to communications &Critical thinking, Creativity, and Problem Sensitivity
- Quick to analyse and take action without compromising on ethic and quality Service Orientation, Social Perceptiveness
- Integrity, tenacity, adaptability in complex and often changing environment; able to handle pressure and commit to and respect deadlines.
- Ability to create and maintain effective networks; building an effective relationships with key stakeholders, on all levels, both internally and externally
- Maintain good working relationships with the media, communications consultants, the public, Government, Communities and all other relevant External parties
- Pro-activeness in carrying out assigned tasks
- Proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters
- Decision making skills, Commercial Insight & Problem Solving.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Good planning, organisation skills and ability to work effectively in transversal teams
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
Application Deadline 26th January, 2016.