IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Account and Treasury Officer
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Processing advances and claims for payment and maintain the cash advance register for follow up on the reimbursements of the advances.
- Ensure costs are correctly entered into template for advance retirements
- Verify and review calculations on receipts and claims form
- Preparation of Station Imprest
- Preparation of the reconciliation statement of all Station bank accounts.
- Preparation of the Station Cash Certificate.
- Assist the Assets & inventory Clerk in handling assets inventory and disposal.
- Respond to account inquiries and provide prompt feedback to users.
- Filing and keeping IITA Kano accounting supporting documents and records (electronic and hard copies).
- Assign accounting codes to each transactions before carrying out posting of transactions
- Checking accounting records for accuracy and correctness as necessary
- Enforcing proper internal control in the station’s finance unit.
- Accounting of IITA Kano Station expenditure and receivables.
- Preparation of invoices and chargeback statements for services provided to individuals or other institutions and partners. #
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- B.Sc or HND in Accounting or related field from a reputable college/polytechnic, ICAN PE II would be an added advantage with a minimum of 5 years work experience in a related role of a large organization is required.
- Excellent computer skills with good grasp of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications with good knowledge of Oracle Applications.
- Be able to read and interpret MOUs from donors.
- Excellent English reporting, writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 10th November 2015