IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture.
IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
IITA invites applications for the internationally recruited position of:
Job Title: Manager, Project Development and Administration
Ref No: DDG-R4D/M/PDA/10/16
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
- The Manager of Project Development and Administration is to coordinate administrative aspects in relation to project development, initiation, implementation and closure to ensure alignment with IITA strategy, and internal and external administrative requirements.
- The manager reports to the Head of PDAU.
The tasks of the manager will include to:
- Assist the Head, PDAU in developing efficient and effective processes and ensuring efficient management of all administrative aspects in the Unit
- Manage administrative aspects of project initiation, implementation and closure.
- Coordinate input for timely submission of technical and financial reports to donors.
- Support internal and external capacity development in project development and administration.
- Provide effective administrative support to scientists and units in the development and submission of highly competitive proposals and subsequent phase investments.
- The candidate should have MSc/PhD in Agriculture, International Development or similar, or MBA, or MA in international development.
- At least 5 years of relevant job experience from international organizations/NGOs/donors, preferably linked to research in tropical agriculture or international development.
- Experience in proposal development, project management, grant management or resource mobilization.
- Gender awareness.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Experience with ICT-based administrative software.
- Experience with MS Project an advantage.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of French a strong advantage.
- Experience in developing web/ICT-based administrative processes and procedures for large international organizations
- Excellent and extensive organizational and administrative skills and experience.
- Ability to work well in a multicultural setting.
The contract will be for a period of three years based on performance and availability of funding. IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in U.S. Dollars.
How to Apply
Interested applicant should forward their applications including a covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.