IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
IITA is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Project Administrator
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
- The Project Administrator has the responsibility of providing project administrative support to the ACAI Project by ensuring that procedures are in place for the efficient administration of the project.
- The Project Administrator works very closely with Project Coordinator of the project in ensuring efficient provision of information regarding project timing and reporting as well as dissemination of project information to various stakeholders.
- Assist the Project Manager in ensuring that activities are completed on time, within budget and meet quality standards. This will include developing and implementing plans for monitoring project progress as well as scheduling project meetings.
- Plan for resources needed to support project implementation and assist with procurement of required items in consultation with IITA’s Supply Chain department.
- Assist the project in technical and financial reporting to the donor.
- Manage project support team members.
- Manage the project office and ensure efficient travel and other arrangements for project meetings and workshops.
- Establish and maintain project management information system.
- Develop and maintain plans to support the project including analyses of tasks, schedules, and resources needed.
- Monitor project adherence to the funding requirements.
- Track expenditures and report monthly on the status of the project budget.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualification & Experience
- MA or M.Sc Degree in Management, Business Administration, Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- A minimum of Eight (8) years experience in a similar position.
Skills & Abilities:
- Project management qualification (e.g. Prince 2 or Microsoft Project) and demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience with budget preparation and monitoring, and project activity monitoring.
- Experience in supervising support teams
- Experience in working with governments, multilateral and bilateral development agencies and civil society organizations.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines for various activities.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks, paying keen attention to detail.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates
Application Deadline 21st January, 2016.