Mott MacDonald is a global management, engineering and development consultancy adding value for public and private clients on agenda-setting, next-generation projects worldwide. We use our ingenuity to save our customers money and time, reduce risks, increase efficiency, maximise sustainable outcomes and advance best practice.
We do this through innovative thinking and by mobilising cross-sector, international perspectives, drawing on the immense talent and energy of our people – designers, engineers, project and programme managers, management consultants, environmentalists, planners, economists, business strategists, infrastructure finance advisors, public private partnership experts, cost consultants, low carbon specialists, technology experts, safety advisors, health and education specialists, development policy advisors and more.
ICT and Data Support Specialist
It aims ultimately at improving student learning.The State ICT and Data Support Specialist will provide technical advice on the introduction and integration of digital technology through all aspects of the programme and its component learning materials, teacher development, M&E and management activities at state level.
- To identify the most effective, scalable and sustainable model of supported open and distance, distributed and blended learning approaches for the programme and the most appropriate forms of technology to support this;
- Liaise with software providers, mobile phone companies and providers, and other technology hardware and software providers, to identify and adopt, adapt or develop packages of hardware, software and systems which best meet programme purposes;
- Support the introduction and utilisation of innovative approaches the use of ICT for teacher development;
- Provide overall ICT service and support, establish and develop sustainable systems for maintenance of chosen technologies, and provide technical lead on all ICT related tasks essential to the effective running of the Teacher Development Programme;
- Monitor the use and effectiveness of the ICT provision in both INSET and PRESET components through data collection and provide assistance in finding short term and long term solutions to any challenges in the use of ICT
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of ICT and developments in teaching, learning and training, and advise other team members accordingly, evaluating and sharing examples of innovative and effective practice elsewhere;
- Produce technical plans, analyses, briefings and reports on ICT-related aspects of the programme.
- Degree, or equivalent documented experience, in relevant aspects of computing, open and distance education or ICT-based training;
- Experience of implementing ICT in fragile environments;
- Experience in leading the use of ICT for distance or distributed learning on a large scale;
- Informed ability to identify and analyse the costs and benefits of ICT options for learning;
- High level of technical skill and up to date knowledge of ICT and its use in education;
- Excellent communication and training skills to support non-technical ICT users and managers.