International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY.
It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world’s most advanced servers and supercomputers.
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: STG Lab Services Consultant
Auto req ID: 20063BR
- Lab Services Consultant for MEA. Technical consultants with customer facing and deep technical skills in Power (p and i), Storage.
- Fulfill customer demand that typically require 60% travel in MEA and other regions as required. Traveling to customers and timely executing the projects.
- Documentation as part of services engagement at customer site or at IBM location
- Interface directly with the Customer, Sales, Marketing and Development
- Demonstrates leadership with external and internal clients to identify services engagement opportunities; provide proper Scope of Work definition and execute service projects
- Lead growth in new business areas, generate demand for services and assets
- Drive follow-on business from successful client engagements 1) Post Engagement Sales Tips to STG Sales; 2) Feedback to Development about the product and services
- Drive on demand adoption. Be proactive and develop new services that meet brand, development and field needs.
- Pro-actively work with resource managers to identify the skills that are required to meet current and future needs for successful and timely deployment on opportunities utilizing those skills
- Dedication to Client success: Attain high client satisfaction supported by positive client feedback; Create new client references
- Become trusted advisor for all internal and external clients
- Work with customers, account teams, technical consultants, business partners, GTS and management and ensure client satisfaction. Encourage One Team approach. Develop and foster long-lasting relationships with clients, Business Partners, internal IBM teams, based on insight and knowledge of their current and future needs
- Planning, installing, implementing, integrating new, complex and unique solutions related to Power and Storage Systems
- System administration, problem determination, skills transfer to customers, business partners and IBMers
- Work to achieve full cost recovered status: ideal 60% customer engagement 40% skill development
- Above 90% customer satisfaction
- Follow the IBM rules and regulations and ensure audibility at all the time.
- Ensure clarity via proper and timely communication
- Be active member of the technical community (e.g., asset/ HW/education/skills/ICAP/Patent/Offering Development, Redbook/process improvements/publications/conference presentations/marketing collateral/pre-sales support. other givebacks…)
- Exhibit personal responsibility in all relationships; including, but not limited to, honoring all internal and external commitments in a timely manner, being proactive, being responsive and cooperative with clients, peers, management and other IBM organizations, and maintaining a positive, in control posture at all times
- Continuous self assessment and continue to develop and expand deep technical and client facing skills to provide increased value to clients and be recognized as a MEA wide expert. Get ready for the future challenges in line with WW IBM Strategy. Extend the range of offerings, capabilities, and improve business practices based on existing or potential market demand
- Continuously engage Sales and GTS teams to build relationship and reputation. Help the STG and GTS teams to achieve their revenue and growth plans by engaging the right Lab Service skill for their needs
- Timely completing job in area of responsibility with a positive, can do attitude. Promote a positive climate
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong Business English
- Willing to Travel
- Client and Solution Focus
- Creative Problem Solving
- Taking Ownership and Responsibility
- Sense of Urgency
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Deep Technical knowledge, skill and experience working with Power (p and i), Storage Systems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues
- Excellent Client Facing Skill
- Ability to work with customers, account teams, technical consultants and management
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred Education: Master’s Degree
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply