Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Technical Analyst
Location: Oyo State
Specialization: Electricity / Power / Utility Engineering Planning and Analysis
- Assist the Chief Technical Officer on a wide range of issues which includes collecting, analyzing and summarizing all relevant technical data.
- Works closely with the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) on a wide range of issues which includes collecting, analyzing and summarizing all relevant technical data
- Documents and provides technical assistance and help prepare the presentations, write analysis, summaries and reports for the CTO’s.
- Prepares site drawings and construction sketches for various installations of electrical facilities in a cost – effective manner that maximizes safety and services reliability.
- Prepares project or job packages including material estimates and material requisitions of the materials required for the prepared distribution electrical designs.
- Properly apply company/client reliability principals for each project design ensuring a safe and cost effective design and installation.
- Evaluates, reviews and interprets technical inquiries, and be able to provide recommendations at the appropriate level to both existing and potential internal clients, as may be directed by the Chief Technical Officer.
- Updates knowledge on electricity industry, customer groups, regulations, and communicates issues relating to the industry that may be of interest to the CTO.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in the course of technical analysis based on sound engineering expertise in the area of power technology.
- Represents the CTO, traveling out of the state and to field offices to participate in meetings and develop relationships with stakeholders.
- Undertakes research, investigation and clarifications after meetings and follow up as needed. Specific technical knowledge in electrical as well as strong foundational understanding of other engineering disciplines is necessary for the individual to perform as an expert in the various roles within the Technical Operations Department.
- Review briefs forwarded to the CTO, highlighting relevant areas for CTO’s attention.
- Learns company/client policies and procedures for the development of site designs for electrical distribution facilities to serve a variety of customers.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power Option), or any related field
- At least 10 years post qualification experience in Engineering field.
- A Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power Option), is an added advantage
- A Professional Qualification in Engineering is desired
How to Apply
Interested and qualified and candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st December, 2015.