Save the Children works in more than 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Our vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
From emergency relief to long-term development, Save the Children helps children to achieve a happy, healthy and secure childhood. Save the Children listens to children, involves children and ensures their views are taken into account. Save the Children secures and protects children’s rights – to food, shelter, health care, education and freedom from violence, abuse and exploitation.
Job Title: Humanitarian Health Advisor
24 Month Fixed Term Contract
With the increasing frequency and severity of emergencies world-wide, Save the Children UK is increasing its capacity to support humanitarian programmes and as Humanitarian Health Advisor you can help. You will manage a small number of roving Humanitarian Surge Team Health Advisers focusing on the West and Central Africa region including CAR, Mali, Niger, Nigeria and DRC.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. We work closely with our teams in country offices to increase our capacity to meet the humanitarian health needs of children and their families affected by crises. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
In This Challenging Role, As Humanitarian Health Advisor, You Will Need To Travel, Quite Frequently And At Short Notice. One Of Your Main Roles Will Be To Support And Lead On The Establishment Of Health Programmes In Emergency Settings, Including Technical Assessments, Developing Health Plans, Strategies And Master Budgets. You Will Also
• Provide backstopping support to up to three countries, which will include technical support visits as required
• Contribute to head office discussions and policy formulation in thematic areas including vaccination and epidemic alert and response
• Contribute to the design and rollout of our humanitarian health capacity building initiatives for Save the Children staff and partners’ staff at head office and in the field
• Support country programmes and head office in the recruitment of humanitarian health staff
We are looking for a clinician with both a public health background and field operations experience to join us as the Humanitarian Health Advisor. To be successful, you will be motivated by ensuring the high quality of health services for the most deprived children and their families. You will have substantial and progressive experience in the field and management of humanitarian health programmes.
You will also need:
• Field experience in diverse acute emergencies
• Proven experience in developing proposals for major donors
• Experience with health or nutrition cluster coordination
• Experience of capacity building and mentoring
• Fluency (written and oral) in English and French
At Save the Children our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Closing Date: 10th January 2015