Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 190 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 20 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Starting date: May 2016
Our action in the field:
- The results of the assessment led PUI to position in host communities hosting IDPS of Maiduguri city.
- In the beginning, the strategy will be focused on:
- Improving food security of the vulnerable population affected by the crisis via e-voucher / gardening / IGA
- Improving access to water, sanitation and hygiene via rehabilitation and construction of boreholes, wells and latrines and access to hygiene and shelter Non Food Items (via e voucher)
- During the course of February a health and mental health assessment will be realized in order to complete our analysis and to be able to set a referral system up for malnutrition cases and psychosocial in Maiduguri (Borno State).
As part of our activities in Nigeria, we are looking for a Human Resources Manager:
- Under the supervision of the Administrative and Financial Coordinator, the HR support works in close collaboration with the National HR Manager to develop the Human Resources policy in accordance with the labor regulations in the country of operation and in coordination with INGOs working in the country.
- The final objective of this support mission is to formalize a HR policy including a coherent salary grid and function grid as well as a proposition of Internal Rules.
- HR Policy: He/she supports the developing of PUI’s HR policy to the mission in accordance with the country of operation’s relevant legal framework.
- PUI mission in Nigeria has opened in April 2016, and the HR policy and set up has entirely to be define in order to be coherent with the humanitarian actors practices, and in full respect of the Nigerian Labour Law. Most of the team members have to be recruited in the coming weeks.
Training and Experiences
- HR Management
Knowledge and Skills:
- Team management
- Capacity building
- Salary grid
- Rules and Regulations
- Pack Office (Excel)
- Other (specify)
- English is mandatory
- French and / or other languages are desirable.
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract – 1 month (renewable)
- Housingin collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
- Monthly gross income: : from 1 870 up to 2 200 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccine..
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Resume and Cover letter) to “Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer for Expatriates” at: [email protected] with the following subject: “HRManager-Nigeria”
Application Deadline 30th June, 2016.