Vodacom is an African mobile communications company providing voice, messaging, data and converged services to around 50 million active customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our operations to include networks in Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo (‘DRC’), Mozambique and Lesotho.
Vodacom is majority owned by Vodafone, one of the world’s largest mobile communications companies by revenue. We’re listed on the JSE Limited and our head office is in Johannesburg, South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: HR Demo-EG
Job type : Full-time
Employment Type : Fixed Term Contract
- Provide analytical insights to support the VIS commercial department in building proper understanding of industry trends, locally & globally, new services and products that are in demand and sizing analysis
Key Activities / Decision Areas
- Acting as a segment’s account manager, managing segment’s analytics, reporting and forecasting needs.
- Supporting the VIS marketing team through building proper customer and market understanding.
- Providing industry insights & recommendations in face of future opportunities and threats
- Supporting the VIS marketing with customer understanding through integrating research and analytics.
- Provides industry global trends and periodic updates on country/location competitiveness
- Provides recommendations on products & services that are in demand within OpCos and on broader level
- Build knowledge, leveraging VFE expertise, about CI and research
- Develop commercial customer facing presentations and sales tool kits
- Regular contact with industry experts & research agencies for best in class recommendations and optimization of activities
- Present the outcome to key stakeholders, head of departments, and VIS director
Commercial segment account manager:
- Providing insightful recommendation based on integrating analytics, modelling and researches input.
- Linking the recommendations to VIS strategic objectives and strategy.
- Support decision making processes for VIS by providing insight based views on future products & services profitability and demand
- Support the establishment of VIS customer insight capabilities through working closely with VFE CI team
- Present insight reports for VIS to support decision-making.
- Band: H1
Competency / Performance Drivers
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Dynamic and Self-motivated.
- Ability to see to the big picture
- High sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
Technical / Professional Expertise
- Strong statistical analysis and economic background.
- Structured approach to gathering and representing data
- Operational business background and experience is desirable
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online