A Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
Job Title: Human Resources and Administration Manager
The HR and Administration Manager will manage and administer policies and programs covering several of the following: recruitment, wage and salary administration, training, employee relations, and benefits. S/he will prepare recommendations to senior management concerning human resources policies and practices, and will work closely with the DCOP/Operations Manager, line and staff management to develop human resource plans and strategies to meet organizational requirements. In this role, s/he will ensure that program policies and practices comply with applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for recording and updating the training, motivation, and evaluation of assigned employees. This position will be based at the head office located in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states.
- Implement policies regarding human resources activities, such as recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, and performance management.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, and classifications.
- Provide employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes to the DCOP/Operations Manager.
- When needed, contract with vendors to provide employee services, such as background verification, health and life insurance, and transportation.
- Assist the office team with understanding and using the Performance Evaluation System.
- Provide oversight to the work performed by the driver and cleaner and ensure that their duties are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Mediate conflict, grievances, and harassment cases.
- Make decisions on HR issues in consultation with the DCOP/Operations Manager.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts, and helping to resolve work related problems.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Provide guidance and instruction to the office team on HR processes, policies, workflow, and work unit priorities.
- Study and analyze positions and prepare position descriptions based on job responsibility questionnaires and interviews; evaluate positions using established evaluation systems, determine grade and prepare records as to the validity of the evaluations.
- Record and track data from position descriptions and salary evaluations to ensure consistency and accountability.
- In conjunction with the DCOP/Operations Manager, identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview, and select applicants
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- University degree in human resources management, business administration, or related field is required.
- Considerable knowledge of local employment law is a plus.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is preferred.
- Five to seven years’ of HR experience in a high volume, complex environment is required.
- Experience in sourcing, recruiting, and interviewing professional and management candidates is required.
- Certification in human resources (PHR, SPHR, GPHR) is considered a plus.
- Experience in developing and implementing programs across complex organizations with software and systems related to sourcing and management of candidates is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents by 6th November, 2015
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Or to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org