Adexen is mandated by a multinational firm to recruit a Human Resource Manager for its operation in Lagos.
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
The job holder is required to play a proactive and driving role on the company’s Executive committee, having equal ownership with all other members of the Executive Committee for the results and direction of the business and the health and Safety culture of the business.
S/He is required to lead the development and implementation of best in class strategies, policies, processes and systems to deliver professional HR, Training and Development to support the business.
Strategy and Policy
- To align the strategic direction for the development of the HR policy and processes to serve the needs of the company in accordance with Region/Group direction via a robust Organizational &HR process
- Support the company regarding the development of the Training and Development policy and processes
- To be accountable for the proactive and progressive management of employee relations
- To drive implementation of policies regarding employee rights and protection, as required by legislation
- To monitor , deploy and support the Group culture and values, map out and implement an internal communication strategy
Professional Advice and Support at local level
- To be responsible for advising Line managers on all aspects of the employment relationship, and ensuring strict compliance with Company policy. This will include, but is not exclusively, resourcing, management of discipline and grievance, dealing with absence, entitlements for diversity and working time.
- To ensure that the Business is updated with relevant best practice and key changes in HR legislation. Continually assess compliance with employment legislation to minimize risk, improving HR procedures and processes to meet company and statutory requirements
- To be the primary senior interface with the Trade Unions at local and national level and to be responsible for any consultation or negotiation that may be required
- To serve as a key interface with other business units within the country/Region to ensure that shared opportunities are identified and the benefits of collaborative approaches can be realized
- To be an actor in the change management aimed at changing staff mentality and making processes more effective.
- To be accountable for the payroll provision and internal controls
- To manage recruitment and selection of all employees, consultants/Employment Agencies as well as on boarding procedure and exit process
- To effectively set up succession plans and identification of talents pool
- To control the planning and implementation of training and development activity, in line with company/region/Group strategy
People Management and HR Team Management
- To play a key role with the Executive committee in defining and leading the Health and Safety Culture of the Business.
- To ensure that the organization structure for the HR function is appropriate for the delivery of plans and targets.
- Define roles and responsibilities of HR team members with appropriate KPI’s that drive continuous improvement
- Handle immigration procedures for the Group in Nigeria.
- To provide coaching, counselling and leadership to both the Executive and HR Teams
- To build effective behaviors and synergy between all employees, while ensuring the most effective contribution to customer profitability
- To implement appropriate recognition and reward systems, in line with Country/Region/Group policy.
- First degree from a reputable tertiary institution, Master’s degree/MBA is an added advantage
- Significant general HR experience at a senior management level
- Track record of achieving challenging objectives and driving superior performance through self and others
- Ability to demonstrate self-management and to lead with professionalism and integrity
- Capability to use IT and project technology to measure and enhance Hr processes
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience in industrial relation and Union management is a must have
- Capability to influence to achieve company’s objectives
- Capacity to set and communicate a clear sense of direction
- Ability to introduce and drive change and innovation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply