Human Resource Assistant
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the HR Assistant will assist the Human Resource Manager with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: recruitment and workforce planning, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, HR Administration.
Additionally, the Human Resource Assistant will be responsible for:
- recruitment, and onboarding logistics
- assisting in screening applications, arranging interviews, participating in selection process, and administering pre-employment tests as required.
- employee orientation, development, and training logistics
- assisting with employee relations and employee communication
- maintaining employee files and the HR filing system by keeping up-to-date by handling changes in employee status in timely manner.
- compiling and preparing reports pertaining to HR activities.
- assisting the HR Manager to implement policies and procedures
- planning, and sometimes delivering induction trainings for new staff
- conducting research, gathering data and statistical reports, and maintaining statistical information.
- keeping up on current issues and matters in the organization related to HR department.
- ensure up –to-date record keeping of personal data
Any other duties assigned by the Human Resource Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Competences:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Social Sciences (or related field) at the second class upper (or higher) division from a reputable educational institution
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, knowledge of Windows 365 a definite plus.
- Must be conversant with and able to use popular apps as work tools including but not limited to: Blackberry messenger (and other blackberry apps), Android based apps, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- At least 2 years experience in a Human Resource function
- Interest in a career in Human Resources is required
- Must possess planning and organizational skills
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be personable, professional and courteous.
- Must possess high level of initiative
- Must be highly organized
- Attention to detail, discretion, confidentiality and integrity are of topmost priority