Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
Hubmart Stores Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Checkout Officer/Cashier
- Experienced Cashiers wanted, exposure to a supermarket setting is KEY.Male and Female wanted, person must be pleasant, ability to learn fast.
- A Checkout Manager takes on the primary head cashiering responsibilities at a retail location, processing register transactions and providing customer service.
- The job description of a Checkout Manager requires excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a dedication to customer satisfaction
- A CM welcomes customers into the store, handles customer purchases, assists in selling promotional items, addresses and resolves customer inquiries and problems, and trains junior cashiers.
- Processes refunds and returns
- Processes register transactions-
- Refers customers to sales associates as necessary
- Assists customers in locating items
- Oversees activity of junior cashiers to ensure that they are working up to store expectations.
- Ensures that all register drawers are balanced at the end of a shift.
- Replaces register tape and replenishes register cash supply as needed.
- Keeps front end of store clean and organized.
- Restocks, replaces, and organizes items on the sales floor.
- Pulls defective or expired items from shelves
- Answers store phone and provides information or transfers callers accordingly.
- Takes note of suspicious behaviour of customers or employees and reports this to managers as needed.
- Activates gift cards.
- Signs customers up for loyalty reward programs
- Addresses customer questions and complaints
- Reports complaints and problems to store manager, and refers customers to manager when needed
- Counts out register drawer at end of shift.
- Promotes new store products.
- Assists sales associates in closing sales
- Trains new cashiers.
- Meeting with your manager to find out: Focus of the day.
- Sufficient staffing according to analysed sales trends and customer needs.
- Morning briefing with your team to communicate:
- Focus of the day is communicated and followed up.
- Give daily brief Customer service training, product knowledge.
- Check staff presentation and dress code.
- All cashiers are aware of promotions. Products, prices, location and duration.
- Highlight any issues, challenges, events for the day.
- All cashiers have latest updated Fresh pricing lists.
- Back shopping has been done.
- Confirm all cash registers are working.
- Each checkout sufficient till roles.
- All checkouts have sufficient and all sizes packaging
- Checkouts are neat and clean.
- Checkouts are open on time for store opening.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedure compliance
- Floor walk through his department with Store Manager.
- Expense and Cost control. Staff cost and packaging.
- Promotions are honoured.
- Queue length not to excess 4 customers.
- If longer open new checkouts or bring in baggers.
- Customer queries are recorded, followed up and resolved
- Customer exchanges, returns, refunds are handled quickly and efficiently.
- Housekeeping and tidiness of the department.
- Periodic and varied spot checks on cashier’s money Minimum of 4 per day.
- Non-scanning products are reported and rectified.
- Checkout cash shortages are tracked and investigated
- Staff roasters to be handled.
- Change of shifts are coordinated so as not to disrupt customers.
- Checkout merchandise units are full and well ticketed.
- Ongoing Customer service.
- Ongoing checks and follow up on packaging, till roles, change.
- Ongoing back shopping.
- Ongoing review of Customer Service provided
- End of day procedure.
- Log in/log out of the cashiers
- Checkouts are closed, cashed up and end of day system is run in a staggered method so as to ensure no disruption to customer’s end of shopping experience.
- Staff scheduling planned so as to meet customer requirements at all times.
- Days off, breaks are staggered according to store needs.
- Accuracy and efficiency of Checkout personnel.
- Best Customer Service is provided by checkout operatives at all times.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 5th July, 2016.