Control Risks is a global risk consultancy specialising in helping organisations manage political, integrity and security risks in complex and hostile environments. We are a medium sized, rapidly growing company. Since our inception in 1975, we have worked with more than 5,000 clients in over 135 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: HR Manager, West Africa
- Responsible for delivering a consistent and credible HR service to the business, providing advice and actioning requests.
- Provides support to the business across a range of HR matters and projects, taking ownership for delivery where required.
- This is a demanding role that requires a proactive and professional approach and the ability to work well under pressure, whilst maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Build strong partnerships with local management team to effectively leverage knowledge, expertise and systems to broker and deliver HR solutions that add value to the business.
- Establish and continually enhance the Control Risks “Local Content Plan to ensure various regulations and requirements are adhered to and surpassed
- As required, implement business change initiatives, including redundancies, restructures and change of terms and conditions where appropriate.
- Support the delivery of the HR calendar i.e. performance management cycle, salary & bonus review.
- Work with Management Team and London based Europe & Africa team to understand business strategy and requirements to support in delivery of HR priorities including ad hoc projects.
- Manage any employee relations issues and contractual and employment issues, escalating where necessary to the relevant Management and HR Manager, EurAf.
- Provide guidance and coach managers on a range of people issues.
- Work with HR Manager, EurAf on all issues relating to international moves, including package construction and working through taxation and immigration issues.
- Perform other duties as require
- Advise and manage the recruitment process for key staff members
- Accountable for all HR Operations processes ensuring a great customer experience by delivering an efficient and accurate service
- Identify practical solutions in reviewing and recommending process& policy improvements, ensuring business requirements are met as well as HR best practice.
- Oversee all employment processes managed within the local Operations team i.e. employment screening, immigration, work permits, visa’s, file maintenance, letter production.
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience of operating successfully in generalist HR role in a fast-moving, professional and commercial environment.
- Experience of coaching managers on the full range of generalist HR areas, including performance management, remuneration and organisational change.
- Evidence of tracking and improving service performance in a fast-paced customer-focused environment
- Previous experience managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Previous experience using HR Information Systems
- Nigerian Citizenship or ability to live and work in Nigeria without restriction.
- Strong employee relations experience with the ability to offer commercial solutions.
- Proven experience of managing a broad range of operational HR issues including employee relations and international moves.
- Knowledge and application of Nigerian employment law, regulations and compliance.
- Experience of working in a professional services / consulting organisation(s)
- Experience of implementing Local Content Initiatives
- Experience of working within an international environment
- Experience of working in a matrix structure
Qualifications and Specialist Skills
- Degree qualified in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or other HR-related disciplines
- Highly collaborative, enabling a working partnership with the HR team and the business generating enthusiasm and commitment from others.
- Personal credibility – operate without vested self-interest. Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and discretion.
- Able to communicate, network, engage with and influence people at all levels of the organisation, building strong working relationships with managers.
- Able to address issues constructively by providing independent, professional, objective and commercial advice.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of credibility, integrity, resilience and customer service.
- Able to offer the business pragmatic yet workable solutions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online