Africapractice offers a unique set of skills to help organisations build enviable leadership positions.
We combine risk advisory services with strategic communications to help our clients identify opportunity, mitigate risk and overcome critical communications challenges.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: HR and Office Manager
- We are seeking a full time HR and Office Manager to join our vibrant team in Lagos.
- The purpose of the role is to provide a dean, healthy, secure office environment to enhance work performance, corporate image inside and outside of the company, prepare and manage all office management related budget and implement, manage, improve the related processes and policies in relation to HR.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintain office databases and subscriptions
- Assist with organizing internal events
- Maintain filing of client contracts, supplier contracts, employment contracts, employee records and all legislative and compliance documents Maintain the office and the facilities including liaising with cleaner and support staff, maintenance and repair of fixtures, fittings and equipment and that the office policies are adhered to:
- Ensure that health and safety measures are implemented and maintained including testing of electrical equipment
- Keep inventory of all equipment in the office
- Support with travel bookings, visas and accommodation
- Administer insurances and benefits information and updates
- Manage general administrative document creation and modification
- Manage orders for refreshments and office supplies
- Deal with contractors, suppliers and deliveries
Human Resources Management:
- Manage all aspects of recruitment
- Update the office’s candidate database
- Manage onboarding and orientation of new hires
- Coordinate training sessions
- Support line managers with coordination and grading of performance appraisals
- Provide performance reward support
- Research, advise and administer employee benefits
- Assist with monthly payroll
- Any other ad-hoc admin duties related to management support, HR and the office
- The tasks listed above are not exhaustive.
- Assist with preparation of annual training budget for the hub in collaboration with Managing Director and Finance Manager
- Manage conflicts, assist in resolving issues and support general employee relations matters
- Support the company in ensuring employment law compliance
- Help to promote the teamwork spirit among employees
- Manage implementation of HR policies
- Assist the company’s compliance in conjunction with legal requirements (such as health and safety)
- Assist the Managing Director to engage and motivate staff
- Accurately manage absence
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Administration or Human Resources
- Good oral and writing communication skills and a dear telephone manner
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under high pressure for results and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Work within a team environment demonstrating conscientiousness, calmness, tolerance and consistency
- Working knowledge of employment and labour laws and other applicable regulations and company policies.
- Knowledge of HR concepts, principles, and practices related to identifying, attracting, and selecting individuals and placing them into positions to address changing organizational needs.
- Excellent time management skills
- Good Computer/if skills; proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Extremely diligent and trustworthy
- Ensures accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills
- Ensures accuracy and attention to detail and maintains a high level of record keeping/ routine paperwork
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills to deliver results on deadline for multiple projects/taks
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV’s, together with a cover letter specifying their availability, and send the application to: [email protected] with the reference “Lagos HR & Office Manager”.
Application Deadline 12th October, 2015.