We are House of Tara, the largest brand in the beauty and cosmetics industry out of Africa. We currently have over 19 branches in states across Nigeria and have sales presence in Ghana, Tanzania, Kenya, South Africa. Our company takes pride in not just beauty consultation, but in empowering women, creating self-awareness as well as boosting self-esteem.
House of Tara is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Artist
This is where you come in
We are looking for Makeup Artists who will support our business in Enugu. Your tasks? See below:
- Apply makeup to clients using a color palette and different tools such brushes, sponges, tweezers, lip liners, brushes.
- Sell makeup products to clients.
- Fit wigs and hairpieces.
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Wipe off makeup and reapply if client is unsatisfied.
- Keep proper records of all customer transactions regarding your branch.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Transfer all customer complaints to your supervisor
- Record details of inquiries, comments and complaints
- Ensure prompt daily stock taking using bin cards
- Ensuring that appropriate action is taken to minimize unpleasant side effects from the use of specialist make-up techniques;
- Maintaining awareness of health and safety issues and legislation; casting facial and body molds and sculpting latex foam, known as prosthetic; fitting and maintaining wigs, hairpieces and prosthetic;
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of available make-up and beauty products;
- Time management, knowing how long a subject will take to be made-up;
- Working quickly and accurately in time-pressured conditions;
- Taking detailed notes and photographs of work, maintaining an up-to-date portfolio of work.
- Partake in the general stock taking in the store as may be assigned
- Ensure a clean and good ambience in the branch.
- Match skin color to color palettes to determine best looks.
- Work with clients to create various looks.
- Apply makeup for events including weddings, birthdays, holidays, and outings.
- Style hair according to makeup.
- Remove makeup from client’s clothes if some is transferred.
- Ensure makeup looks natural and well-applied under different lighting.
- Teach makeup application to clients (personal makeup class)
- Suggest skin care routines.
- Maintain awareness of health and safety issues
- You may be required to work in any branch of the company, as well as your involvement in events and external jobs as the need arises communicating with clients to clarify visual requirements;
- Demonstrating and implementing a practical understanding of lighting, the photographic process, colours and the impact of special effects/make-up processes on the skin.
- Carry out any such responsibilities as may be assigned.
Skills & Qualification
- Graduate Degree
- Excellent gele tying skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with any Point of Sale Software will be an added advantage.
- Must have 2 years experience as a make-up artist
- Excellent Customer Service skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]The subject of the email must be “Retail Artist – Enugu”
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline Saturday; 13th August, 2016 11:59PM WAT