Scholarships are awarded for the regular period of study.
The Heinrich Boll Foundation grants scholarships is awarded to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year who are pursuing their degree at universities, universities of applied sciences or universities of the arts.
By March 1, 2016 interested candidates can apply for:
- undergraduate scholarship for German and German-educated applicants (Bildungsinländer/innen) from universities of applied science (Fachhochschulen)
- undergraduate scholarship for German and German-educated applicants (Bildungsinländer/innen) scholarships from universities and universities of applied science (Fachhochschulen) for the journalism programme “Medienvielfalt, anders“
- graduate scholarships for international students
- doctoral scholarships for German and German-educated applicants (Bildungsinländer/innen) and for international students
- doctoral scholarships in the focus programme “Transformation Research” for German and for international students
- undergraduate and graduate scholarships for refugees who are studying, or wish to study in Germany at any kind of university and regardless of their number of semester
- Master’s degree only; proof of first professional qualification must be provided
Proof of Proficiency in German Level B2 or DSH 2 (with certificate)
€750 per month plus various individual allowances
- Proof of admission to doctoral studies by a state or state-recognised university, as a rule in Germany, must be included with the application
Two years as a rule, may be extended twice at most by half a year.
- Proof of Proficiency in German Level B2 or DSH 2 (with certificate)
€1, 000 per month, plus € 100 mobility allowance per month, plus various individual allowances
1. General student scholarships for German and German-educated applicants (Bildungsinländer/innen (1)):
Students in all subjects who are pursuing a FIRST DEGREE (Bachelor, Staatsexamen, Diplom) and who earned their university entrance qualification (2) in Germany:
- You may apply before beginning your first degree (Bachelor, Staatsexamen, Diplom) or at any time up to the end of your third “Fachsemester”.
- Special (but not exclusive) target groups are: first-generation students, women, members of ethnic minorities, applicants from universities of applied science (Fachhochschulen)
APPLICANTS FOR A DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIP (PHD)1. Doctoral students in all subjects who earned their university entrance qualification in Germany (Germans nationals and Bildungsinländer/innen (1)):
- At the time of application, the applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state-recognised institution of higher education in Germany or another EU country.
2. Doctoral scholarships: Focus programme “Transformation Research“
- Doctoral students from Germany who would like to apply for the focus programme “Transformation Research”
- Submission of written application documents
- An interview with a liaison lecturer (telephone interviews may also be held)
- Attendance at a selection workshop in Berlin consisting of a one-to-one interview and a group discussion
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016/2017 Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
Application Deadline: March 3, 2016