Gilead is a Limited Liability Pharmaceutical Company Registered in Uganda in 1999. The company has both a retail and and Import/distribution division; the former has a large network of retail outlets in Uganda.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health & Safety Officer
- Participate in all health and Safety, environmental and process audits and ensure that all corrective actions and recommendations arising from the said audits are acted on as per the timeline.
- Coordinate statutory OHS exercises e.g. equipment inspection, effluent analysis
- Ensure availability of appropriate and functional PPE
- Train teams on risk assessment, improvement plans, monitor action plans and oversee ongoing security projects
- Generate required regulatory and other reports as required per Company reporting expectations and update and advice management on all HSE issues.
- Steer the development and implementation of the Company’s health & safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a system for recording, reporting and investigating injuries, accidents and dangerous occurrences in Company’s premises
- Translate company HSE policy and commitments into workable plans and communicate the policy to employees and other relevant stake holders including all suppliers and subcontractors.
- Compile and submit OHS statistics and reports
- Document appropriate HSE procedures for the company and communicate, educate and engage employees in the implementation
- Ensure that all welfare facilities i.e. first aid boxes, canteen, toilets, kitchen etc. meet the requisite hygiene standards and operate efficiently as per the standard operating procedures.
- Secretary to the Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Ensure that the Company has an adequate number of trained emergency marshals.
- Plan and oversee internal emergency preparedness programs and test the adequacy of emergency preparedness
- Coordinate the investigation of near misses and dangerous occurrences and develop appropriate recommendations to eliminate/reduce recurrence or mitigate impact.
- Bachelors’ degree in Occupational Health & Safety or Environmental Science or Social sciences plus specialized professional qualifications in health and safety
- Solid advisory skills
- Detail oriented and conscientious
- Effective organizational and report writing skills
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their CV’s/Applications to: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th May, 2016.