The Healthcare Leadership Academy (HLA), an initiative of The Private Sector Health Alliance of Nigeria (PHN), the Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF) and EpiAFRIC proudly announces a call for application for the inaugural Healthcare Executive Leadership Programme.
Applications are invited for the position below:
The HLA is guided by the governing philosophy that bold and innovative approaches are required to address complex health systems issues. A key component of rejuvenating health systems is having the right complement of motivated and skilled healthcare workers and leaders who have the capabilities to manage large, complex healthcare systems and institutions.
Our programmes provide the time expertise and context specific content to enable healthcare leaders and policymakers expand into their roles transform organisational cultures and create an enduring impact on health sector strengthening.
The Healthcare Executives Leadership Programme (HELP)
- The Healthcare Executives Leadership Programme has been tailored to respond to the learning and career development needs of high-level executive leaders of healthcare institutions. The curriculum was designed following extensive engagement with hundreds of healthcare professionals and medical associations across the country.
- Collaborating with renowned and committed institutions, the programme has been designed to address the key competencies required by healthcare executives to make lasting impact in their organisations and local communities.
- HELP delivers world class content adapted to the local context to ensure capabilities are built across four critical areas:
- Financial Management
- Leadership and Organizational Development
- Quality Improvement, and
- Population Health and Health Systems.
- The programme adopts a ‘field and forum’ approach that combines in-class didactic curricula with real life, hands-on work. The course content is delivered over 10 weekends by global experts with extensive experience in teaching executives and policymakers. In addition, there is a 9 month fellowship which ensures that the capabilities built in each of the aforementioned areas are directly applied by the participants to their respective healthcare organisations to improve system performance and health outcomes.
- This programme uses high-impact experiential teaching methods and gives participant access to the finest thought leaders and mentors. Graduates of this programme will be armed with the requisite skillset to bring about transformational and sustainable changes to their facilities and communities.
Who are we looking for
- The HLA is calling for applications from enthusiastic and committed healthcare executives who are looking to broaden their healthcare leadership skills.
- Ideal candidates are confident, innovative healthcare executives of provider groups (hospitals, clinics and health systems) and have a genuine desire to transform their institutions and systems. This programme will be of particular benefit to healthcare facilities with an existing and fully operational structure.
- Applications must be made by teams of two from each healthcare facility/organisation. Each team must comprise of the facility’s Chief Executive (e.g. the Chief Medical Director and one other member of the hospital’s management leadership team (for example, the Head of Operations, the Head of Administration, the Head of Finance, the Clinical Director etcetera).
How to Apply
For more information on the programme and how to apply, interested and qualified candidates should send a Letter of Interest and Curriculum Vitae of each Team member to: email@example.com