Productive People was founded in 2014 in partnership with 2 of the UK’s leading recruitment consultancies providing contract, retained and permanent recruitment solutions to the global market place. Productive People specialises in supplying the most productive people available in all major economic sectors. The pun is deliberate The core business objective of Productive People is to be the best at providing the best. With our internationally competitive management team, and our small team of well trained staff, this is not just an objective, but an attainable goal.
Productive People is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Software Development
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- The role will primarily be responsible for the scoping, planning and designing of solutions for the companys Client. The role will also manage and oversee the company’s software development and implementation:
- Managing the team, providing technical and team leadership
- Direct Reports: Technology Developers, implementation Engineers, Support Services and IT Security units
- Peer Relationships: Head of business units; Head of Business Support; Heads of Technology for other companies operations across Africa; Head of Products;
- Role Context: He/She will be responsible for managing the strategic long terms goals, policies and procedures for the Technology department. The Head of Software Development serve as the company’s top Information Technology expert with overall strategic responsibility for the technical and operations results to ensure the organization meets its business goals.
Strategic Direction of Technology:
- Determining the organization’s long-term systems needs and hardware acquisitions to accomplish the organization’s business objectives
- Developing and managing department budget
- Developing and implementing large, complex, mission critical, high performance software systems
- Analyzing technical needs, developing and delivering solutions for both internal and external customers
- Liaising with external parties involved in technical projects
- Managing and developing the technology team
- Research new technologies that push the boundaries and capabilities of design and provide insight on product offerings
- Championing the advancement of new technology applications and strategies that drive innovation and ensure market leading products and services
- Translating high level technology strategy into tools and actions steps for implementation
- Management and facilitating implementation of technology projects
- Manage all matters relating to technology
- Development of relevant software and products
- Facilitate acquisition and maintenance of office IT hardware and software
- Advise on technological issues
- Provide IT support for all departments
- Manage the delivery process to ensure timely and high quality delivery of new products for clients.
- Build and manage people capacity to develop, implement and support services for all business units
- Provide technical guidance and professional leadership for software developers and implementers toward successful project delivery
- Report team performance metrics periodically and roll-up cross-functional metrics quarterly
- Manage required internal relationships to ensure prioritisation and sufficient resource
- Develop project tracking and variance reports
- Assemble risk management plans and work effort documents
- Resources management (People and Capacity)
- Review code for potential performance issues, reusability, and/or anomalies.
- Develop patches and defect fixes.
- Perform and assist with quality assurance activities as needed.
- Participate in training and coaching
- Weekly Report writing
- Other duties as assigned.
- Decision making
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Team development & Management
- Technical Skills
Key Performance Indicators:
- Planning vs Execution
- Client’s satisfaction
- Project Deliverables
- Problem Solving
- Number of issues per project/iteration
- Man hours in the project
- Per Activity breakdown.
- Cost vs Margin
- Project Management
- Software Performance Management
- Status Report
- Quality Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply