PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client is a leading indigenous, downstream oil and gas business with its Head Office in Port Harcourt.
The company is committed to delivering the most efficient energy solutions to its clients. The organisation and its people conduct its business based on integrity, with a strong focus on innovation, stewardship, value creation for its clients and respect for the individual.
Our client recently embarked on an ambitious transformation project and would like to recruit individuals with excellent professional and academic credentials, a strong focus on results and developing value to customers, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Risk, Legal & Compliance
Reference Number: 130-PEO00536
Location: Port Harcourt
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- This role (based in Port Harcourt), will play a critical part in delivering the transformation agenda and will need to demonstrate experience in the implementation of initiatives and systems in their respective functions or disciplines.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develops and drives the execution of the Group Risk, Governance and Legal Strategy.
- Evaluates the internal and external business contexts for potential and current risks and provides insights on the appropriate response to Group management
- Identifies appropriate regulatory certifications and manages the certification process
- Drives and coordinates internal preparations and responses during relevant regulatory examinations / reviews
- Provides accurate and objective business control assessment reports (issues, recommendations) to inform and guide management on the state of compliance with relevant regulations and risk control policies
- Establishes the appropriate risk and business controls framework across the business, works with Business Divisions and Functional Groups to implement and communicate
- Leads the development, periodic review and update of supporting risk and business control policies, procedures and practices
- Keeps abreast of relevant laws, regulations and code of good business practices and incorporates them into the internal risk and governance frameworks
- Provides strategic oversight to the Legal team to ensure legal risks are minimised
- Develops an appropriate and effective compliance training strategy
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience in risk management and business controls in a similar company/industry, 6 out of which must have been in senior or manager role
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified & Chartered Accountants (ACCA) and any of the following:
- Global Association of Risk Professionals – Energy Risk Professional (ERP); Member, Institute of Risk Management (MIRM) or Certified Risk Professional (CRP)
- An MBA or Master’s degree in a related discipline
- Business process and control analysis
- Enterprise risk management
- Financial Reporting
- Risk analysis
- Risk management
- Communication (Verbal and Written)
- Relationship management
- Attention to detail
- Professional Scepticism
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 2nd October, 2015.