ValueFronteira is a performance improvement firm that leverages the techniques of decision optimization, business research/analytics, economic science, process focus and capacity building to provide robust insights that enable decision makers to achieve accelerated and optimized innovation and sustained competitive differentiation.
We are recruiting to fill the position of Head, Project Accounts (Oil & Gas)
Head, Project Accounts (Oil & Gas)
- The Head, Project Accounts shall have responsibility for the overall direction and management of the financial and accounting (F & A) functions of all the projects throughout the Group.
- This position therefore embraces a wide and varied role covering the management of the finance team, ensuring accurate monthly reporting, overall financial planning and control, management of our client’s project financing strategy as well as its operational performance.
- Other responsibilities shall include the control of the company’s project financial reporting, forecasting as well as ensuring that all financial planning and transactions are completed within Company guidelines.
- A more comprehensive delineation of the tasks to be performed by the Head of Project Accounts are presented in the Job Description’ section below.
Specific tasks of the Head of Project Accounts include the following:
- Contributing to the achievement of the company’s objectives and overall performance by providing advice and guidance on overall group’s project financial strategy;
- Overseeing all project accounting and costing procedures and systems used by the company including the support for a culture that effectively uses enterprise resource planning (ERP) software/system;
- Ensuring that the company meets its project’s financial and legal responsibilities;
- In conjunction with the Board, assess the long term financial trends and review prospects for future growth of income and new product areas;
- Oversee the completion of entries including accruals, prepayments and allocations, together with the preparation and review of business cases, capital requests and management of financial performance of all company’s projects;
- Ensuring that the company’s projects are adequately and appropriately financed at all times including all ongoing cash management;
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and follow up of issues identified;
- Review of monthly performance and preparation of variance reports;
- Preparation and submission of monthly rolling 12-18 month budget and forecast;
- Review of project costing/tender pricing models;
- Develop analysis tools and drive strong decision making based on robust project forecasting based on strong financial analysis and discipline to identify and minimize risks;
- Financial and commercial review of relevant third party suppliers and vendors agreements to ensure optimum pricing to minimize risks or other exposures;
- Identifying processes and control weaknesses in the company’s systems as well as provide/identify suitable solutions;
- Contributing to the improvement of finance processes and controls in general;
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements relating to F&A;
- The successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA) with significant engineering project accounting experience at senior management level in either an engineering contracting oil & gas organization or a multinational organization who is also able to make substantial contributions at Board Level.
- Experience in project management and project based costing are extremely necessary.
Other requirements are as follows:
- MBA or Master’s degree in Management
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience within a related industry;
- 5+ years demonstrable experience within a multinational organization and/or any of the sectors oil and gas, petrochemical, power and fabrication;
- Advanced qualifications in law;
- Demonstrable knowledge of finance, cost control & management reporting systems;
- Knowledge/understanding of project accounting principles and practices;
- Solid experience in using ERP Accounting systems.
- The successful candidate will have, great physical profile, strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills and be a creative problem solver.
- S/he will be self-motivated, self-starting and highly organized with the ability to influence at the highest level, but also used to working in a hands-on environment.
- S/he should be adaptable to change, resilient, with a dynamic approach and ability to challenge the norm.
Other essential person qualities are:
- Ability to question and challenge results
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound commercial awareness and good business acumen
- Professional and logical approach to work
- Able to identify critical components to a successful process
- Ability to stay focused and calm under pressure
- Produce high standard of own work with attention to detail
- Proactive approach and determination to resolve issues
- Ability to assess and make considered judgments
- Ability to coach /direct other department members
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed curriculum vitae to: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.