Africa Magic seeks to appoint suitably qualified & dedicated individuals to assume responsibility as Head of Production: Africa Magic. This position will be based at ourfacilities in Lagos, Nigeria and the successful candidate will report to the Regional Director, M-Net (West)
Head of Production: Africa Magic
Desired Skills and Experience
- To lead in the planning, managing and coordinating of all production
- Play a key role in developing and/or commissioning local content for Africa Magic Channels
- Implement strategic production of content for the channels and increase audience figures
- Lead and supervise commissioned producers by consistently monitoring, guiding, and enhancing the achievement of highest professional and ethical standards in their work
- Implement agreed TV entertainment production plans as informed by use of market audience research, competitive analysis and trends;
- Play a key role in the conceptualization, formulation, development and execution of local production oriented content and content adaptability;
- Develop and establish effective systems, procedures and standards of performance for commissioned producers;
- Participate, advise on and consult in the preparation of annual Production budget formulation process
- Creative conceptualization & ensuring adherence to standards in all productions
- Effective Planning & organization of all TV production schedules and processes
- Assessing project and resources requirements, sourcing, negotiating and drawing up of accurate budgets and timelines with clients and external suppliers
- Effective production budgeting and budget control
Personal capabilities that are critical to the production of quality outputs are:
- Operational thinking and business acumen.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Passionate about content and the broadcasting industry.
- Financial Management
- Managerial Skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Ability to conceptualize ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relationship Building
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS
- ·A University degree in Media Production and/or Communication, or any relevant media studies
- ·Proven practical knowledge and experience in a TV broadcast environment
- ·Minimum of 3 years working experience at supervisory level in a structured broadcast production environment
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.