ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development is seeking application from qualified candidates who are citizens of the community to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Division, Short Term Transaction (Trade Finance)
- Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Head of Division and Short Term Transaction shall manage the centralized trade finance operations activities, Letters of Credit, Guarantees, and Bills/TRs.
- He/she will also implement the objectives, policies and procedures as well as user manuals for the trade finance unit
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University or a professional qualification in Banking or International Trade Finance or any other related field;
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the relevant fields acquired within a leading organization;
- Sound knowledge of major trade finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, and proven knowledge of how they work;
- Sound knowledge of operations in the main segments of trade finance markets;
- Proven experience in marketing trade and project finance products;
- Experience and knowledge of designing and selling structured trade finance products;
- Ability to meet senior officials in banks, corporate bodies and governments and win their trust that the specialized products will meet their needs;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as good analytical skills;
- Ability to lead a team in a multicultural environment; ability to impart knowledge, delegate duties and responsibilities, supervise and take decisions;
- Good physical condition to enable participation in field missions.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send or deliver their applications and CV’s in sealed envelope, marked “2015 Recruitment Exercise” and state the position applied for to the address below:
ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID)
Department of Administration and Human Resources
128, Bd. du 13 Janvier,
Note: Application must include
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- A letter of interest;
- Copies of degrees or certificates;
- Copy of identity card or passport;
- Copy of birth certificate.
Application Closing Date: 17h00 GMT; 30th June, 2015.