GVA Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Infrastructure Specialist
Location: Lagos Nigeria
- The Infrastructure Specialist is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
- This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of the Company’s standard Project Methodology (SDLC).
- These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
- Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
- This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows (both physical and virtual) systems that support LAN infrastructure;
- Linux, Windows and Application systems that support security and email systems; Responsibilities on these systems include installation, engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development.
- This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
The responsibilities and expectations of the Infrastructure Specialist are as follows:
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Performing backups.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software (e.g. database systems).
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answering technical queries and dealing with often frustrated users.
- Responsibility for security.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
Desired Competency and Skills Requirement:
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft (preferred)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Minimum of 4+ years post National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in server/desktop administration; experience within an exchange or financial services organization preferred
- B.Sc degree in Computer Science, engineering discipline, mathematics or physics will be a distinct advantage