Guinness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) business and currently operates on 3 sites within Nigeria with a portfolio of products including Stout, Malta, Lager, Spirits and Ready to drink brands. Nigeria is the 2nd largest market for the Guinness Stout brand globally. It is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a significant player in the national economy.
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Divisional Sales Manager
Location: North- based in Abuja, East- based in Owerri
Type of Job: Employee
- Guinness Nigeria PLC (GN PLC) is a major market for Diageo: GN PLC operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry and we are the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
- The Diageo Sales vision is to become the best performing most trusted and respected Consumer Packaged Goods in the world and in every market we operate.
- Our goal is to be ‘winning at the moment of choice’, winning big and beating the competition. This along with putting the consumer at the heart of everything we do, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners.
- Division geographically based with total GN Sales force of 30 – 80 employees and between 5 – 8 direct reports who are predominantly Area Managers, in each division. Has oversight responsibility over all other roles sitting in the division.
Purpose of Role
- Responsible for overall management and delivery of business goals within the division.
- The Divisional Sales Manager provides leadership expertise to the team, ensures efficient and focused sales strategies are in place to achieve the business strategy, growth and profit objectives.
- Prioritizing capability development for direct team members
- Route mapping to distributors, manning and coverage plan for the division
- Divisional tactical initiatives
- Divisional operational meetings
- Division’s expenses management (P&L ownership)
Top 3- 5 Accountabilities
- Achieve profitable volume/market share target for the Division. Based on sales performance, revise strategies accordingly to win in the market, Responsible for business growth and capability development of key partners within the division.
- Ensures our trade spend is deployed to gain full return on our investment. Achieve sales of the right mix in SKU’s to produce a profitable Division.
- Responsible for managing and enhancing the corporate reputation of Guinness Nigeria via adherence to corporate governance procedures.
- Ensures outlet execution standards are achieved for the Division and champion the usage of Sales Force Automation (SFA) by all in the Division.
- Coach and train team members 8 times a month in line with monthly activities checklist. Identifies training needs of direct reports and works with Capability team to build team’s capability and ensure a talent pipeline.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate with 10-12 years minimum commercial expertise gained across Consumer Marketing and / or Sales Management
- Previous experience of leading / managing others, delivering results through teams and strong track record as a coach
- Previous exposure to strategy development is valuable. Strong project and change management skills, commercial and financial capability are important
- Previous experience of working with other parts of Sales and/or other functions is particularly valuable.
- A strong track record in Sales at a management level, with experience in at least two areas of Sales
- Particularly critical is previous experience of Field Sales or other customer facing roles
- Strong leadership and communication skills –written and verbal
Policies highly relevant to Commercial Function:
- In addition, the Company has 15 (fifteen) global policies and a Code of Business.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply