Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy formulation and implementation expertise and business operation improvement skills.
Growth in Value Alliance is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Reports to: Head of Professional Services
- Project Managers are responsible for the effective, timely and profitable implementation of the Company suite of products and product enhancements to our customers.
- Project Management is a chargeable management role on projects that can be performed on-site at the customer site, or off-site from any the Company’s offices.
The Project Manager is responsible for:
- Planning, launching, scoping and managing a diversity of projects using technical implementation/integration resources and skill sets from within the PS Division and local partners as may be appropriate.
- The Project Manager is also required to work very closely with Company’s various Product Managers, Development teams, Customer Support and Marketing teams.
- Maintaining the customer CRC and ERF status
- Responsible for project tracking, monitoring, control and success from sign-off to delivery in the production environment
- Identifying new Project Opportunities & Risks
- Building and maintaining good customer and resource relationships
- Responsible for Customer satisfaction while working on any Projects for a Customer.
- Coordinating own and all resource travel arrangements for assigned projects
- Management of multiple simultaneously running projects
- Ensure that project documentation adheres to the Company methodology and standards
- Striving to achieve fast implementation timescales.
- Delivering the project in line with the customer’s and Company’s objectives
- To act as the point of contact for the customer for the scheduling of on-site and off-site assistance for the project as required
- Remaining in contact with the Customer Project Manager to discuss progress, review issues and opportunities and assess progress and risks on the project
- Contacting the on-site Company consultants on a daily basis to manage their progress and identify and resolve any issues or problems
- Providing formal feedback, as part of Company’s performance appraisal system, to the PS Manager on the consultants performance on the project
- Contacting the Head of PS on a regular basis to provide feedback on progress and issues
- This role requires extensive international travel.
- A solid project management background with extensive experience with a proven and successful track record of working in a variety of customer facing situations for either a Consultancy company or a Software and Services company providing solutions in a Retail Banking and/or Wholesale Banking and/or a Financial environment
- A record of successful completion of a number of significant projects covering each part of the project life cycle
- Thorough understanding of the life-cycle of multi-phase, multi-tier, multi-party project plans with mixed discipline project teams comprised of customer personnel, 3rd Party personnel and Company personnel
- A solid understanding of the Company suite of products at a solution and architectural level as well as the Company methodology for the BankWorld/Sparrow product implementations and supporting processes.
- Maintain Project P&L responsibility, managing, controlling and monitoring project progress against time and budget, timeously addressing project slippage and reporting any deviations in excess of tolerance to the customer and Company management
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of banking and business processes, and the ability to understand the business and objectives of the customer
- Detailed knowledge of banking concepts, basic accounting procedures and banking operations
- The ability to successfully structure and plan a project to deliver both customer and Company objectives pre-empting possible issues
- Manage projects, performing tasks in a timely manner, cognizant of project deadlines and customer expectations
- Build, agree and communicate multi-phase, multi-tier, multi-party project plans with mixed discipline project teams comprised of customer personnel, 3rd Party personnel and Company personnel
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Practitioner in the methods and techniques that have been designated as the current Company standards:
- Project Methodology – as an operational Project Methodology
- PRINCE II/PMBOK or equivalent – as a general Project Management methodology
- Accomplished in the use of tools that have been designated as the current Company standards:
- Microsoft Project – as a Project Management Planning and Monitoring tool
- Excellent and mature communications skills – oral and written
- Excellent standards of report writing
- Ability to control meetings where opposing views are displayed and to resolve without conflict
- Ability to mentor Company’s Consultants
- Presents a professional image of the Company
- Ability to pro-actively manage expectations, assessing and reacting quickly to customers’ needs and identifying risks early
- Good inter-personal skills
- Microsoft Excel – for Financial Reporting, Change Control and Miscellaneous Reporting
- Microsoft Word – for General Communications and Reporting
- Microsoft PowerPoint – for internal/external presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the customer organisation
- Self-driven and self-motivated, capable of performing without the need to be managed on a daily basis. Ability to meet deadlines. Achieves and exceeds standard objectives consistently
- An Honours Degree or a suitable post-Graduate PM Qualification or a Diploma in Computer Science/Business Studies with a Formal internationally recognised/certified Project Management qualification.
Application Deadline 1st March, 2016.