iROKOtv.com is the subsidiary company of IROKO Partners, the world’s largest online distributor of African entertainment. Launched in 2010, the company has closed on four Series of VC funding totalling $21Mn.
Across all of our channels, we have reached over 6Mn unique viewers in 178 countries around the world.
- iROKO Partners operates www.irokotv.com (Nollywood movies) and www.iroking.com (Nigerian music)
- IROKO Partners is the largest licensee of Nollywood movies with over 5,000 movie titles in our library
- The company has been featured in international media outlets from FT, CNN, BBC, The Sunday Times, CNBC Africa, Reuters, Fast Company, New York Times, Techcrunch, Wall Street Journal, Le Monde, Pando Daily and many many more.
We are looking for an ambitious candidates to join our team in Lagos for the position below:
Job Title: Group Accountant
- The successful candidate will be working closely with the Head Of Finance, overseeing the reporting of 5 cross bordered multi geo entities.
- The right candidate will be someone who has previously been involved in multinational companies audits and has proven local Nigerian Tax experience.He/She will must be willing to work in high pressure goal orientated environment.
- The successful candidate will be in charge of all Group receivables management, making sure revenue is correctly recorded, deferred/accrued where needed and weekly reconciliations are done. He/She will also reconcile the Group Intercompany and other Balance Sheet accounts monthly and oversee all bank reconciliations.
- Oversee the day to day finance and accounts operations
- Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts
- Maintain the Ledger General and reconcile accounts monthly to ensure accounting and reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure subsidiary ledger accounts (inter-group accounts) are all reconciled
- In charge of the Fixed Assets Register and process depreciation and additions/disposals entries/journals
- In charge of the Intangibles assets register and monthly amortization calculation
- In charge of Tax reporting for the Nigerian subsidiary. Relevant experience in the UK will be added advantage but in house training is also an options
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting
- Prepare annual audit file and be the coordinator for audit process
- Ensure subsidiary ledgers balance to General Ledger monthly
- Other Ad hoc as requested by Head of Finance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- ACCA (ICAN can be accepted if teamed up with a very strong relevant experience)
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principle
- Knowledge of tax principles and reporting requirements.
- Min 2 yrs post qualification. Ideally in a similar financial accounting role.
- Experienced with multinational Group of companies
- Relevant experience in audit and costing is added advantage.
- Will be negotiated based on individual experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online