iROKOtv.com Ltd is a leader in Africa’s tech space creating a pioneering footprint across the continent.
We are a young ambitious company building world class entertainment apps for Africa. Featured by Techcrunch, Fast Company, Forbes, CNN, BBC, amongst others, we capture the beauty and vibrancy of African movies and TV shows in an app. Our mission is simple. We are leading viewers to the content they love, bringing Internet TV to Africa.
At Iroko, we are bold. That means going where the action is. We are bringing affordable Internet TV to Africa’s next 1Bn.
We encourage you to check out iROKOtv.com. We have been featured in publications such as CNN, CNBC Africa, BBC, NY Times, Variety, Financial Times, Economist, The Sunday Times, The Times, Forbes, Techcrunch, Pandodaily and many others.
Job Title: Group Accountant
The Group Accountant manages transactions on Group level, such as Content purchase and recognition in both IPN & IPUK. In Nigeria, the Group Accountant is in charge of tax, pension and other statutory remittances, and is also responsible for iROKING Ltd bookkeeping.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Reconciliation of multiple bank accounts and preparation of Group reporting pack
- Reconciliation of the sales and purchase Ledgers in IPUK/IPN/iROKING
- Preparing and posting of journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger for Group companies
- Assisting with preparation for the financial year end
- Prepare/ Produce ad-hoc reports as and when required by the financial controller
- Provide required support to external auditors and ensure compliance with internal controls on Group level
- Cover for some administration duties ad-hoc
- Analysis and remittance of VAT returns, Pension and PAYE for IPN
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register for IPN
- Managing the accruals and prepayments schedule for IPN
- Assisting with the preparation of P&L and Balance Sheet Accounts
- Producing detailed variance analysis to budget at month end
- Essential – Chartered Accountant
- Desirable – ACCA
Work experience & skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Experience with accounting software
- Experience with reporting for Group of Companies strongly desirable
- Able to work with minimum supervision, Highly organized, Attention to details
- Self-starter, Able to handle and protect confidential information, Trustworthy
- Unbiased and objective with high level of professional integrity
What We Look for In an iROKO Candidate:
At Iroko we passionately believe that all our employees should;
- Be bold
- Be customer
- Be honest
- Be fast
- Be amazing!
We love passionate, focused, confident and ambitious people with a flexible and dynamic approach to their job.
How to Apply