Grid Consulting – We are a leading consultancy company specialising in financial management, human resource management and providing development programme management. Established in 1986, GRID Consulting has evolved into a dynamic organisation through its long tradition and experience in working with big corporations, national governments, international development agencies, private sector, academic institutions, civil society, SMEs, and individual bodies. We have a broad portfolio of work that includes over 800 assignments in Nigeria and across Africa.
The Accountability Responsiveness and Capability (ARC) Programme in Nigeria is an initiative supported by the UK Department for International Development in partnership with the Government of Nigeria. The Programme aims to support governance reforms in Nigeria by working with state and federal governments to help design and recommend best systems for improving resource management and service delivery.
Job Title: Director of Finance
ARC is looking to engage a result-driven Director of Finance and Operations with solid team orientation, proven capacity to lead and manage teams and generate results with a deep understanding of finance, human resources and operations management in development programmes.
Job Summary and Responsibility:
- The Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for providing leadership within the Programme for finance, HR and administrative matters. S/he will provide strategic leadership in the review and operations of the financial management system, cash forecasting, budgeting, financial reporting and other accounting functions. Other responsibilities include the design and implementation of HR, administrative and office processes and procedures.
- Working as a member of the senior management team of the ARC Programme, S/he will lead and manage finance and operations activities across the programme states and in the national office.
- Other responsibilities include the provision of oversight for subcontracts, procurements and the implementation of internal control measures.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate an expert level of knowledge and experience in managing large operations of international (preferably DFID) donor-funded projects, development programmes and/or non-profit organizations, and have excellent knowledge of HR and administrative systems and procedures for large projects and programmes
- Candidates must have a professional accounting qualification as well as an advanced university degree. In addition, they should have at least 15 years of professional experience in progressively senior management positions.
- Management experience will need to include broad supervisory responsibilities in a donor-funded environment. In this regard this requires a highly principled professional with strong business ethics and proven skills to guide and motivate a large team, to excel and consistently deliver high-quality results.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
This position is based in Abuja. The appointment term will be for a period of 5 years, with an initial 6 months probationary period. The programme offers very competitive salary packages. However, local terms and conditions apply.
Job Title: State Programme Assistants
The Office Holder will be responsible for providing support to LGA’s to absorb and implement all activities that are being initiated in the states where program activities are being implemented (Kano, Jigawa, Zamfara, Katsina and Yobe).
Additional key responsibilities will include;
» Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the LGA’s and key individuals and stakeholders relevant to the project;
» Provide technical assistance to the LG’s health team and support effective implementation of advocacy initiatives and other planned activities in the state;
» Work closely with the state technical team and other project partners to coordinate project activities in the various geographical areas;
Interested candidates must have relevant qualifications in Community and public health, primary health care, health management, social development, human resources or closely related fields. S/he must have a minimum of three (3) years’ professional working experience especially in the area of health and gender empowerment initiatives at the State and LGA level.
Job Title: State Accountant
The State Accountant will provide financial management support to the programme and ensure the proper management of funds using relevant regulations and financial procedures. The office holder will also maintain records of transactions in the programs’ accounting software and other tools relevant for transaction record keeping.
Additional key responsibilities will include:
» Managing of programs’ financial management accounts, including generating timely and relevant financial reports;
» Implementation of relevant financial and operational policies and procedures in the programs’ state office;
» Assist in the development of expenditure forecast, periodic budget forecast and ensure proper control of periodic expenditure;
» Manage financial relationship with external stakeholders in the state, such as; banks, donors, contractors, suppliers, Government Departments and agencies
Interested candidates must have a Bachelors/HND degree in Accounting or other related discipline with a minimum of 5-years’ experience working with international donor funded programs (particularly in financial management). Professional qualification such as ICAN or ACCA is an added advantage. Preferred candidates should be proficient in the use of database tools and have knowledge of at least two (2) accounting software (Quick Books, Peach Tree or SAGE)
Job Title: National Account Assistant
The Office Holder will be responsible for providing general accounting support to the Programme Office, including but not limited to processing of bank and cash payments, prompt and accurate documentation of all financial transactions, management of cash float, proper retirement of all advances/ reconciliation of accounting ledgers and periodic preparation of financial and management reports.
Interested Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting. An excellent working knowledge of accounting software is essential. A minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience in a similar role and environment will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Candidates who fully meet the above requirements should submit an application letter and a recent CV through the email email@example.com
All Applications must be submitted by Friday, 24th June 2016. The subject of the mail must contain the title of the position applied for. Applications without a subject title will NOT be processed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews