RusselSmith is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope access technology as our principal medium of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
RusselSmith is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graphic Officer
Job Reference Code: SMD-17-0001
Job Type: Full-Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Design Development/ Management:
- Setup meetings with respective individuals in order to understand the ideas, objectives and requirement of each design project.
- Interprets and develop designs in line with the ideas gathered during briefing sessions.
- Develops design briefs by gathering information and data through research.
- Develops and presents rough layout of designs to respective individuals for reviews and approval
- Assist with formatting of documents such as reports and provide guidance to users within the Organization
- Research and keeps abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, QuarkXPress, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash;
- Designing templates for proposals, Company brochures, identity cards, business cards using creative, innovative, novel, unique concepts and approaches.
- Develops concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites
- Proofread designs and documents to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Design graphics and document templates for internal and external use as required
- Designing templates for proposals, company brochures, employee identity card, business cards using creative, innovative, novel, unique concepts and approaches.
- Managing online brand campaigns to raise brand awareness.
- Plan, promote and execute activities and strategies to establish and maintain a positive presence for the RusselSmith brand.
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy
- Insures the timely development and execution of plan, campaigns, and projects to assure earnings, growth, and profit goals are achieved.
- Organization and management of multimedia content and display equipment
- Maintain and improve the RusselSmith Brand Manual
- Create awareness about RusselSmith’s brand value and guidelines within the Organization
- Preparation of audio-visual content for internal and external use
- Scriptwriting and storyboarding of materials for digital marketing
- Develop, design and implement online content, tools and web style standards to ensure consistency, timeliness and best user experience for RusselSmith’s web properties
- Managing and redesigning of the company website.
- Tracking conversion rates and making improvements to the website
- Improving the usability, design, content and conversion of the company website
- Produce a consistent visual image on the company’s websites by promoting uniform fonts, formatting, icons, images, and layout techniques.
- Monitor and report on website traffic statistics on a weekly basis
- Develop and implement a front line online presence by strategically positioning the company’s website content
- Manages the website by posting and reviewing contents. Also ensures content is accurate and timely
- Ensures that the website retains all brand attributes and reach the interest of identified key audiences.
Social Media Management:
- Continuously review and manage content on RusselSmith’s website(s), social media accounts and other online assets and ensure that they are constantly updated with fresh and dynamic content by seeking out new copy, imagery, audio and video materials
- Plan and execute all web, SEO, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Ensure Russelsmith online presence via professional social media (LinkedIn, facebook, twitter etc.) represents the brand identity
- Maintain communication and client satisfaction.
- Use creative expertise to interpret the company’s vision and make it a tangible and deliverable product.
- Perform multiple projects from concept through completion
- Generate brand marketing ideas/concepts for new and existing services, packaging designs, including shapes, sizes, colours, fonts and imagery.
- Provides guidance to staff and conveys the vision and values of maintaining the corporate identity of Russelsmith.
- Monitoring compliance with the company defined brand formatting in regards to procedure, letterheads, email signature, project reports, presentations and proposals.
- Interacts with all functional departments, outside design, pre-press, print and materials suppliers to ensure that the assigned customer specific projects are executed to high company quality standards and completed on time.
- Generating and coming up with ideas/concepts for new and existing services, packaging designs, including shape, size, colours, fonts and imagery
- Develop and execute marketing programs that increase brand identity and brand awareness of company’s services and or product.
- Plan, strategies and execute marketing designs and activities to establish and maintain brand presence in the market
- Coordinate the production of digital adverts, newspaper and magazine advertisements, direct mail packs, email campaigns, websites, gift and promotional items, onboarding packs, exhibition stands, road shows, and other items as required.
- Launch and oversee advertising and media planning of company services
- Coordinate the activities of designers and brand experts involved in the positioning of the company’s services/products
- Design the templates for a variety of digital marketing campaigns and techniques
- Perform research on online marketing, social media and emerging technologies with the aim of improving and strengthening the Company’s digital marketing efforts
- A good first Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing or Advertising is preferred
- At least 1 – 2 years of related job experience
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must understand Flash and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions.
- 0-2 years
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion. Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Flash
- Experience with Adobe After Effects& video editing (a plus) needed for this position
- Knowledge of HTML, DHTML CSS, Action script& Drupal
- Ability to make evaluative judgments
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Good team spirit and project management skills
- Good problem solving skills and initiative
- Good relational skills
- Advanced and strategic thinking skills
- Commerce and creative process
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns
- Passion, Integrity, and Energy!
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
- Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply