Intense; a digital marketing and social media management agency is looking for a graphic designer with interesting, unique and creative ideas.
As a graphic designer, you will work on a variety of products and activities, such as designs for Social Media, content for websites, advertising, books, brochures, magazines, posters, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, i.e. giving organisations a visual ‘brand’.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software like Adobe Photoshop, illustrator and in-design, a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- Developing design briefs that suit the client’s purpose;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design;
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients or account managers;
A university degree or certification in the following subjects may increase your chances:
- fine art;
- graphic design;
- visual art.
A pre-entry postgraduate qualification isn’t needed, but pre-entry experience is essential.
Apart from technical and drawing skills, you will need to show:
- passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair;
- a flexible approach when working in a team;
- excellent communication skills in order to interpret and negotiate briefs with clients;
- good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and sell ideas to clients and colleagues;
- time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time;
- accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs;
- being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs;
1 – 2 years’ experience in a creative agency
Internship or placement experience can also be very useful.
How to apply
Send your resume with a link to your portfolio to [email protected] before Friday 18th March, 2016.